Reaction Icons (Like, love, funny, etc)

3 years 2 months ago #322830 by AlexRag
I was wondering, if a user selects a reaction (eg. funny), is the funny icon is supposed to appear instead of just the same thumb icon?

I was also thinking if someone selects say the sad or angry option the, "xxx likes this" doesn't seem suitable.

I was hoping to find a language override to replace "likes this" to "reacted to this" to cover all options.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322832 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Reaction Icons (Like, love, funny, etc)
It won't show their reaction icon instead of the thumbs up. At this time all likes are positive and have the same meaning. The type is more or less irrelevant. This will be improved in a future release where it will show the different icons like found on Facebook, etc.. For now the type is only visible in the modal window.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322834 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Reaction Icons (Like, love, funny, etc)
Thank Kyle. Is there any way to alter the "likes this" in an override? The only one that's not so positive is the angry one :unsure: (I suppose I can exclude it in the config).

Glad to hear about the changes too. Wondering if there will be an opportunity to allow adding more reactions.

3 years 2 months ago #322835 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Reaction Icons (Like, love, funny, etc)

Thank Kyle. Is there any way to alter the "likes this" in an override? The only one that's not so positive is the angry one :unsure: (I suppose I can exclude it in the config).

That is a language string so yes I suppose you could override it. It is also template driven so the entire template of the likes display can be overridden as well. What I meant by all likes are positive is they have no specific meaning to their types at the moment as it's just an icon and has no impact on anything beyond being an icon. This will be improved later with better visibility of types.

Glad to hear about the changes too. Wondering if there will be an opportunity to allow adding more reactions.

There's an entire management page for doing exactly that. You can have as many or as few like types as you want. Navigate to CB Activity > Likes then click the Types button at the top.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322852 by AlexRag
Ah, ok. I got what you meant now. Looking forward to seeing what' in store.

Thanks for pointing me to the additional configuration!

3 years 2 months ago #322855 by AlexRag
Hmm, I was just looking for the key to replace "liked" this with "reacted to" this but it doesn't seem to pull up any search results in the Language Plugin Override section. Should I be looking somewhere else?

I had a peak at the language in plugins/language/default_language/language.php and it wasn't there.

I did something here: plugins/user/plugins/plug_cbactivity/language/default_language/language.php. The key appears to be 'LIKED_THIS_49ca54'

So, I am not sure that's the right key and if I would need to manually create an override.php file at the same location as language.php?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn