CB and K2 integration

3 years 2 months ago #322975 by pastoweb
CB and K2 integration was created by pastoweb
Hi, is there any kind of intregration between CB and K2?
I'd like to let only the members of specific CB groups to add k2 articles

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322991 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB and K2 integration
Yes, CB Articles and CB Blogs both integrate with K2 for displaying K2 articles on profile or storing blog posts in K2. Beyond that we've no further integration with K2.

I'd like to let only the members of specific CB groups to add k2 articles

CB does not have usergroups beyond Joomlas built in ACL. Groups provided by CB GroupJive are not access permissions and should not be attempted to be used as access permissions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322993 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic CB and K2 integration
Thanks, by groups I actually meant subscription plans, wich are already aligned with joomla usergroups, so I guess I can use Joomla ACL with K2
I will explore K2 features then, thanks

3 years 2 months ago #323006 by krileon
If you're just assigning usergroups with CBSubs then yes those should work perfectly fine with K2.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323356 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic CB and K2 integration
My community members will be able to add their product and services ad K2 items, but their items should be visible to site visitors only until the author membership is valid

In my website, each subscription plan puts users also in a specific joomla usergroup.

Do you have any suggestion to implement such kind of solution?

I see Auto Actions has a feature to add new joomla/K2 items based on conditions, I was wondering if it was possible also to modify existing items when their author membership expires (i.e. unplublish the items, or set their visibility level only to superadmins)

3 years 1 month ago #323365 by krileon

I was wondering if it was possible also to modify existing items when their author membership expires (i.e. unplublish the items, or set their visibility level only to superadmins)

Yup, that's doable. See the below topic on how to execute an auto action based off subscription status.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support/243136-oncpayuserstatechange-is-firing-before-cb-fields-integration#321262

You can use that usage with a Query action to query the database and unpublish all K2 articles the user owns for example. If K2 has an API to do that you can use a Code action with Method set to PHP to run the necessary K2 PHP API.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.010 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn