What determines if email footer is included or not

3 years 1 month ago #323067 by boyjahq
What determines if the email footer (EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION) is included with an automatically generated email? For example, how can we get it to be included in emails sent out by CB Paid Subscriptions: Mailers?

And, though I understand that this is probably not CB related, what determines which language version of SITE NAME is used in automated emails or if it is included at all? It does not seem to be based on the user's specified language parameter and is unpredictable as to when it will or will not be used. (It is not automatically included in emails sent out by CB Paid Subscriptions: Mailers)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323078 by krileon

What determines if the email footer (EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION) is included with an automatically generated email?

It's always included for emails send through the cbNotification API and only if the sender email address isn't being revealed.

For example, how can we get it to be included in emails sent out by CB Paid Subscriptions: Mailers?

CBSubs Mailer directly calls the comprofilerMail API so the footer won't be there. You'd need to add the footer manually to your emails.

And, though I understand that this is probably not CB related, what determines which language version of SITE NAME is used in automated emails or if it is included at all?

The [SITENAME] substitution in CBSubs directly pulls your Joomla configured site name. It is not ran through translations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323097 by boyjahq

The [SITENAME] substitution in CBSubs directly pulls your Joomla configured site name. It is not ran through translations.

For Multi language sites we specify "Custom Site Name" for each language under Content Languages in the language extension. The tool tip for that item says:

"Enter a custom site name for this content language. If the site name is set to display, this custom site name will be used instead of the Global Configuration setting."

And for some of the emails sent by CB, it seems to be drawing from these custom site names, not the site name in our Joomla Global Configuration (which we have intentionally set as different from the custom names so we can more clearly identify the source of the site name being used). However, CBSubs appears to refer only to the Global Configuration, not the custom site names. But which language version of site name that CB uses for any given email notification seems random and not related to the recipients chosen language parameter.
Attachments:

3 years 1 month ago #323111 by krileon
Have added a feature ticket to review support for that. We don't have any specific checks for sitename. We're just calling Joomla API for the sitename. So it maybe due to the language switch during emails. If the sitename API is called before the language switch takes place that might be where the problem is. Ideally all emails should be in the language of the recipient if we know the recipient user, but if all we know is email address it will send in the language of the sender.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8372

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323162 by boyjahq
Feature Request: Please also consider having ALL CB related email notifications include EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION (CB, CBSubs, Auto Actions, all mailers, etc.)

3 years 1 month ago #323169 by krileon
We don't want to include any hardcoded footer at all. So we want to do the opposite and remove it then just use Joomla mailer API. That's the plan for CB 3.x at least. Joomla 4 includes support for Email Templates out of the box, which you'd then be able to utilize to add a footer if you felt one was necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn