What determines if email footer is included or not

3 years 3 weeks ago #323550 by boyjahq

krileon wrote: Strange, maybe it's a different footer that's being output than the one I'm looking at. Can you provide the exact footer shown in a test email? EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION is example as follows.

Key: EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION
Text:

NOTE: This email was automatically generated from [sitename] ([siteurl]).

The 2 locations that is used in our API has the language switch around it. The language switch however only works if the recipient is a user id, but that is already the case for the emails configured under the Presentation tab of your plans.

Yes, it is Japanese version of that one, from the CB ja-jp language file that came in the Japanese language plugin pack downloaded and always updated from this site.

'EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION' => '注意: このメールは、自動的に [sitename] ([siteurl]) から生成されました',

As I said, the English side is properly pulling from en-gb/override.php. It is only the Japanese side and, as far as I can tell, only that has recently quit using the ja-jp/override.php and reverted to the one in ja-jp/language.php

Other plan email workflow texts on the Japanese side, such as Email on first activation and Email on pending first payment and Email at each manual renewal, for example, ARE pulling EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION from override.php

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #323558 by krileon

As I said, the English side is properly pulling from en-gb/override.php. It is only the Japanese side and, as far as I can tell, only that has recently quit using the ja-jp/override.php and reverted to the one in ja-jp/language.php

Wait so it is translating fine, but just isn't translating from your override. That certainly changes things. That could suggest just a problem with override loading behavior. I believe I see what could be causing this. If the language plugin hasn't already been loaded into memory when a language switch happens it will attempt to do so at the switch. That switch isn't loading the overrides. Have added a bug ticket to fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8406

I think you can workaround the issue by ensuring any language plugin you have installed, including default_language, has at least 1 override saved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn