What determines if email footer is included or not

3 years 3 weeks ago #323522 by boyjahq
After recent updates CB Paid Subscriptions: Edit Subscription Plan -> Presentation -> Email workflow texts -> Email on expiration seems to be ignoring our Japanese language override for EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION and is only sending the original text from the language.php file. Until now it would always include our override. The English side is still including our override for EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #323527 by krileon
EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION is not added or managed by CBSubs. Ensure your language override for it is in your CB language plugin and not your CBSubs language plugin. I've confirmed the language switch is around that language string in our CB notification API so it should have no issues switching language based off recipient.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 weeks ago #323534 by boyjahq
It is a mystery. EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION has always been in the CB language override file (not CBSubs) and has worked properly until about 1 week ago. From that time all Japanese emails have reverted to using the standard text from the original CB language file instead of the override file.

3 years 3 weeks ago #323537 by krileon
Nothing changed in regards to the notification API 1 week ago so I don't know what more to suggest. The last change to the notifications API was 4 months ago. CBSubs code for those emails hasn't changed in 5 months. Are the email subjects and messages translating fine and it's exclusively the footer having this issue?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 weeks ago #323548 by boyjahq

krileon wrote: Are the email subjects and messages translating fine and it's exclusively the footer having this issue?

Yes. Everything else is being pulled properly from the language override file (subject and message content).

3 years 3 weeks ago #323549 by krileon
Strange, maybe it's a different footer that's being output than the one I'm looking at. Can you provide the exact footer shown in a test email? EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION is example as follows.

Key: EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION
Text:
NOTE: This email was automatically generated from [sitename] ([siteurl]).

The 2 locations that is used in our API has the language switch around it. The language switch however only works if the recipient is a user id, but that is already the case for the emails configured under the Presentation tab of your plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn