CB Gallery module suddenly stopped showing photos

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323425 by boyjahq
We have the Modules: mod_cbgallery set to show a single random photo from a specific asset set. It has been working perfectly until recently when it stopped showing photos. The Module title shows, but no photo.

We are running most currently nightly build of all CB related components, we have not installed any other new JOOMLA plugins of any kind and we did not change any of the parameter settings for CB Gallery plugin or for the module. Access is set to Public. Gallery Asset is set as profile.%.field.107, as it has been since the beginning.

It seemed to stop showing photos within the last 7-10 days, which is close to when 2.4.0+build.2021.02.16.16.03.47.ca99475ec was installed

Update: photos are still showing in the module, but only to users logged in that represent the asset defined in the module. Until recently, however, as I mentioned above, photos were available to all users, logged in or public. Something has changed such that now only logged in users who have the ability to post photos in gallery 107 are shown photos in the module.

Update 2: I think I have fixed this. Seeing that photos were available to only certain logged in members, I did a bunch of testing and found that using profile.%.field.107 as the gallery asset in the module setting was not working the same as it had been. I changed it to %.%.field.107 and now photos are available to all visitors to the site, logged in or not.

Was there some change to CB Gallery that caused this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323433 by krileon
CB Gallery 2.4.0+build.2021.02.16.16.03.47.ca99475ec didn't touch asset parsing behavior. That release just fixed the upload progress bars to be flexbox instead of an HTML table.

CB Gallery 2.4.0+build.2021.02.11.15.35.04.4b656e3f7 added Vimeo support.

CB Gallery 2.4.0+build.2021.02.05.14.26.43.1ab6575e7 improved gallery parameter loading behavior. This is where things could've gone wrong, but I'm not seeing any issues on my end.

Do public users even have access to profiles, the tab that field is on, and the field itself? If they don't meet all 3 of those access checks it could be a problem. Can you better describe how you have your gallery field and gallery module configured (screenshots of parameters would be useful) so I can reproduce your exact usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323450 by boyjahq

krileon wrote: Do public users even have access to profiles, the tab that field is on, and the field itself? If they don't meet all 3 of those access checks it could be a problem. Can you better describe how you have your gallery field and gallery module configured (screenshots of parameters would be useful) so I can reproduce your exact usage.

Yes, public users are able to view the profiles and the photo gallery of registered users of the type that are associated with gallery 107.

Is there any reason for us not to use %.%.field.107 in the gallery asset field of the module? Since it now works with this setting so that photos are now showing again then it is good for us, but are there any unforeseen consequences that we should be aware of by setting it this way? Or is %.%.field.107 an acceptable and safe way to call a gallery asset?

3 years 1 month ago #323463 by krileon
%.%.field.107 has a double wildcard. It'll cause the query to be unoptimized. It'll also cause CB Gallery to skip over the field access checks. So if I understand correctly you've a gallery field and all you've done in the module is set the asset of the module to the gallery asset which wildcard for profile id? Will try to reproduce the issue and see what's failing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323468 by krileon
Ok, believe I see the issue. The first asset detected is used for storage and is also access checked against. So more than likely the first profile gallery found isn't accessible and is what's causing the entire module to display nothing.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 years 1 month ago #323469 by krileon
I'm still unable to reproduce your issue. Please PM backend super user credentials and include what module and field this in regards to so I can see what could be going wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn