Add Terms and Conditions field to CB login

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324137 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Add Terms and Conditions field to CB login
Is there some way to make it so that logged in superusers in the admin backend or the frontend are not required to consent to terms and conditions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324138 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add Terms and Conditions field to CB login
It doesn't apply to backend at all. Only frontend URLs run verify consent behavior. There is no feature to exclude certain users from verify consent. The entire purpose of the feature is to be GDPR compliant. It kind of defeats that purpose allowing people to skip verifying consent.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324140 by boyjahq
Thank you for your explanation. We understand about GDPR compliance, although we are quite certain that it does not apply to employees providing a service but is in fact meant to protect only users of the service, so allowing administrative access to website content without consent to terms and conditions would not be in violation of any GDPR regulations. But we also understand that arguing this point is probably not productive, so here are our questions about this.

We only discovered the issue when a superuser was logged into the frontend editing some article content and they were surprised that they had lost all of the content they were working on when they were suddenly required to accept terms and conditions. Then it made us realize that the same thing can happen to users. We suppose the only way around that is to always have them edit articles from the backend or be sure to update the terms and conditions link first thing whenever they login to the front end. Or does it actually work that way? If I login to the frontend and I am still within the most recent terms and conditions consent period, if I click update on Accept button, does it update the acceptance date? I have tried it but it seems stuck on the same date and time as when I last was required to accept rather than updating to the newer time that I click the update button...

If that is accurate, is there some method using CB tools that would allow the user to update Terms and Conditions date of acceptance after logging in, even if they are still within the time frame of the last time they accepted? like simply going to the terms and conditions item on their user profile and simply clicking update (because of course the accept box is already checked since they are still within the consent time frame)?

2 years 11 months ago #324431 by boyjahq

boyjahq wrote: If I login to the frontend and I am still within the most recent terms and conditions consent period, if I click update on Accept button, does it update the acceptance date? I have tried it but it seems stuck on the same date and time as when I last was required to accept rather than updating to the newer time that I click the update button...

If that is accurate, is there some method using CB tools that would allow the user to update Terms and Conditions date of acceptance after logging in, even if they are still within the time frame of the last time they accepted? like simply going to the terms and conditions item on their user profile and simply clicking update (because of course the accept box is already checked since they are still within the consent time frame)?

2 years 11 months ago #324438 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add Terms and Conditions field to CB login
There is no method for updating the terms and conditions acceptance date without unaccepting the terms then reaccepting, which you can't do if the field is required, or waiting for it to expire. As long as the terms and conditions field is accessible in profile edit and marked required it'll be verified for consent if verify consent is enabled. So for example you could use CB Conditional to condition the field away from Super Users and that should disable verifying consent for Super Users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

2 years 11 months ago #324443 by boyjahq
So that means that there is no way to update the terms acceptance date whenever the Update button is clicked? That all users must wait until the end date of the last time they accepted before they can update their acceptance date?

What we are looking for is a way for any logged in user to be able to go to the Terms of Use tab and choose that they"Accept Terms of Use" and then click "Update" and be able to actually update the "Accepted on" date/time at any time. As it is now, this does not work. Clicking "Update" before the last Terms of Use date seems to have no effect on the "Accepted on" date. The user must wait until the specified time period since they last accepted the terms must end. before they can accept again and thus change the "Accepted on" date/time.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn