Trying to access the site, user is removed from usergroups to which he belonged

2 years 11 months ago #324153 by quinage
Good evening,
in the last few weeks our users are having a bad experience: as soon as they enter username and password and try to log in, they are removed from the usergroups and then Joomla returns an error
ATTENTION!: 0 Access Usergroup Invalid

as in following screenshot:

If you check in CB User Management at this point, you can see this situation:

while previously the user belonged to the "Registered" group. In this picture I reported data from a fake user that we use to test the system but the result is the same when real users try to access the site.

This happens every time the user logs in to the site, even after being reassigned to the right groups from the administrative panel.

Since we have several paying subscriber users, and with the same registration they also access the Virtuemart shop, this thing is starting to cause us problems also of an economic nature.

What is the cause? And how can it be solved?

If you need to help solve it as soon as possible, we can create an administrative account and give you the credentials via email.

Of course:
- Joomla is updated;
- All CB and CB Plugins are updated;
- Most part of components and plugins and modules for Joomla are updated (except some that have nothing to do with user management).

As you can imagine we urgently need to solve the problem, thanks in advance.

Massimo Petrossi
IT consultant for Netecmedia Customers
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324155 by krileon
Do you have CB Auto Actions installed? If so check if you've configured any Usergroup auto actions and be sure you've configured them correctly. CBSubs can also add/remove usergroups, but it should not be able to remove the base Registered usergroup. Was your test user subscribed to any plans and if so check the "User Group" parameter under the Access tab of that plan. Those are the only 2 things that can change usergroups. If neither are doing this then it's likely something else installed causing your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324207 by quinage
Yes, we have CB Auto Actions installed BUT not published: there is only one Auto Action, that sets the alias field as [firstname]+"-"+[lastname]
but it isn't published.
We had integration with Acymailing 5, with the official plugin, and CBSubs set to enroll users to the main Newsletter list as they register for free, and to the Subscribers' Newsletter list as they pay a plan. More, CBSubs puts users in "Registered" and "Subscribers" user groups as they pay a plan, and only in "Registered" if they apply for free.

After we upgraded to Acymailing 7 (maintaining the 5 still active) the system did work as expected, but as soon as we removed the Acymailing 5 we weren't able to see or show the Newsletter tab - and the system didn't enroll or remove user from lists.

At the moment we have been noticed that after the last CB update, visitors are no more able to register neither to newsletter (free plan+newsletter), nor to paid plans: page is shown empty, no tabs, no fields, only "register" button that obviously returns an error because fields aren't filled.

In addiction, users still are removed from their usergroups as long as they try to access the site.

Problem is that paid subscribers can't login to download their dued contents, and casual visitors can't register to buy something on Virtuemart - because all registration subsystem isn't working properly!
Attachments:

2 years 11 months ago #324212 by krileon

More, CBSubs puts users in "Registered" and "Subscribers" user groups as they pay a plan, and only in "Registered" if they apply for free.

Remove controlling of Registered usergroup within your plans. It's fine for users to have multiple usergroups so them having Registered and Subscribers won't be an issue.

At the moment we have been noticed that after the last CB update, visitors are no more able to register neither to newsletter (free plan+newsletter), nor to paid plans: page is shown empty, no tabs, no fields, only "register" button that obviously returns an error because fields aren't filled.

Are you using Tabbed or Step by Step registration? If so a fatal JS error maybe present on the page breaking the tabs JS. Press F12 to open your browsers developer tools then click the Console tab to check for any errors (they'll be colored red). If you aren't then it's likely an access permission on CB Core plugin in CB > Plugin Management (it should be Public and Published).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324356 by quinage

krileon wrote:

More, CBSubs puts users in "Registered" and "Subscribers" user groups as they pay a plan, and only in "Registered" if they apply for free.

Remove controlling of Registered usergroup within your plans. It's fine for users to have multiple usergroups so them having Registered and Subscribers won't be an issue.

I knew, in fact neither Paid Plans nor the "Lifetime free Plan" control "Registered" usergroup (only "Subscribers" usergroup), and it worked in past.

If not using Plans, how can I put a user in "Subscribers" usergroup at the same time of plan activation? Workflow cases are:
What user doesActions on usergroups
User registersNo group --> Registered
User registers and paysNo group --> Registered, Subscribers
User already registered for free pays (upgrades plan)Registered--> Registered, Subscribers

Previously that occurred normally, no modifications have been made on plans. Why now users doing login are removed from all usergroups?

krileon wrote:

Are you using Tabbed or Step by Step registration? If so a fatal JS error maybe present on the page breaking the tabs JS. Press F12 to open your browsers developer tools then click the Console tab to check for any errors (they'll be colored red). If you aren't then it's likely an access permission on CB Core plugin in CB > Plugin Management (it should be Public and Published).

We were using Step by Step registration. I tried Tabbed (horizontal and vertical) but no success.
I tried even with Flat registration, fields have reappeared but no Captcha has been shown.

Things are going worst :(

2 years 11 months ago #324366 by krileon

Previously that occurred normally, no modifications have been made on plans. Why now users doing login are removed from all usergroups?

They shouldn't be. CBSubs won't touch usergroups that it is not configured to control. It especially tries to make sure that the user at least always has Registered usergroup. Ensure your plans are only adding/removing the Subscribers usergroup. You may have something else configured changing usergroups if you're losing Registered on login.

We were using Step by Step registration. I tried Tabbed (horizontal and vertical) but no success.
I tried even with Flat registration, fields have reappeared but no Captcha has been shown.

That's because you have a Javascript error on your registration page. 99% of the time it's a 3rd party extension or Joomla template causing it or CBs jQuery was turned off. Follow my instructions are provide any errors shown in the developer tools console. You can check that CBs jQuery is enabled within CB > Configuration > Integrations by being sure "jQuery" is set to "Yes" and "jQuery Migrate" set to "No".

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn