K2 items in blog tab

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324258 by pastoweb
K2 items in blog tab was created by pastoweb
Hi, I need to display K2 items created by a user in his profile
The CB Articles plugin/tab works fine, but I need it to display user's articles.

The CB Blogs tab in frontend doesn't display already created items, just displays the create blog button but still doesn't work (says category is not allowed, and in any case I just need to display a list of items...)

Any advice?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324264 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic K2 items in blog tab

The CB Articles plugin/tab works fine, but I need it to display user's articles.

That's what CB Articles does. It displays the articles the user created. It works with Joomla content or K2. Within CB Articles > Parameters > Articles set "Model" to "K2".

The CB Blogs tab in frontend doesn't display already created items, just displays the create blog button but still doesn't work (says category is not allowed, and in any case I just need to display a list of items...)

CB Blogs by default stores blogs internally. It needs to be set to K2 same way you'd set CB Articles by changing its Model parameter if you want it to store the blogs to K2.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324268 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic K2 items in blog tab
Yes, I set blogs parameter to K2 model, but still (doesn't) work as described

PS: A nice improvement for future releases would be to move these parameters to the tab configuration, so one could create different tabs for different articles or blog categories

2 years 11 months ago #324269 by krileon

Yes, I set blogs parameter to K2 model, but still (doesn't) work as described

It sounds like categories that you've K2 articles in are not accessible. Ensure there are content categories in K2 as CB Blogs is category based.

PS: A nice improvement for future releases would be to move these parameters to the tab configuration, so one could create different tabs for different articles or blog categories

That's not how plugin tabs work. You can't create another article tab for example.

I don't know yet the future of CB Articles and CB Blogs for CB 3.x since tabs won't technically exist in CB 3.x anymore. We'll be using Joomla fields and Joomla field groups with field groups basically being tabs. This means plugin tabs need to become fields or something else. Ideally we'd just have a way to render articles on profile (not sure how we'll do this yet, but probably a field) and you can replace the blogging aspect with just using Joomlas Create Article page so you can fully utilize article creation features.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324306 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic K2 items in blog tab
Yes I have a category in K2 and I set it in CB Blogs parameters.
The user has a K2 item published in the category, but it is not listed in the profile "blogs" tab
Tested with 2 users

I can give you access to the website if needed

2 years 11 months ago #324320 by krileon
Retested K2 integration with latest K2 and still seams to be working fine in my tests. Can that user actually access K2 completely, those categories, and the articles in those categories? Your CB Blogs category layout in K2 should be as follows for example.

Blog
- General
- Games
- Movies
- Sports

Within CB Blogs you'd set the "Category" parameter to "Blog" selecting that top level category. The blog categories available to users will then be the child categories. All articles in those child categories will be accessible in the blog tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn