New mariadb in next release

2 years 10 months ago #324943 by Andromeda57
New mariadb in next release was created by Andromeda57
Hey guys, since what version (when) mariadb 10.1.26 will no longer be supported?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #324945 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New mariadb in next release
CB 2.7, which likely won't release for awhile. We're stopping support for EOL (End-Of-Life) versions. We don't have official MariaDB support (same as Joomla) so the minimum we're setting for it will match our MySQL minimum to increase the likelihood of compatibility as we'll be working to run tests on MariaDB and officially support it in the future.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326144 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic New mariadb in next release
Is there a roadmap or something like this, or do you know when cb 2.7 will be released?

2 years 7 months ago #326146 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New mariadb in next release
We've made changes to our minimum system requirements as announced below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18944-minimum-system-requirements-update

You should not need to update your database anymore. We're decided to just use Joomla 4 minimum database requirements, which are as follows.

MySQL 5.6
MariaDB 10.1

We do not have a time frame for CB 2.7, but shouldn't be too far off once we've all the J4 compatibility issues addressed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn