"User" option in Privacy Permissions

2 years 9 months ago #325129 by AlexRag
"User" option in Privacy Permissions was created by AlexRag
Could I be directed as to where I can add "Users" to the list of privacy permissions? I can't recall where this is done.

While I want users to be able to make their profiles visible to those they have have not connected with, I am hesitant to enable the "Public" option in case I missed some areas only meant for registered users to see.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325140 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "User" option in Privacy Permissions
Privacy rules can be enabled/disabled globally in CB Privacy > Parameters > Privacy > Rules.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325154 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic "User" option in Privacy Permissions
Ah, ok! Thank you.

2 years 9 months ago #325193 by AlexRag

Privacy rules can be enabled/disabled globally in CB Privacy > Parameters > Privacy > Rules.

Hmm, I'm not seeing "users" as an option like I am with Public, Private, Connection, Connection of Connections. I think there is something else I'm missing or misunderstanding.

I essentially want registered users in a specific user group (paid) to to be able to select "all registered users" rather than just connections & connections of connections. In other words is sort of like public but only if registered. Hope that makes sense. :S

Attachments:

2 years 9 months ago #325199 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "User" option in Privacy Permissions
The "Users" privacy rule won't display if profiles can't be accessed by anyone but registered users. My guess is "Profile View Access Level" in CB > Configuration > User Profile is not set to Public. If that's the case it makes the "Users" privacy rule basically pointless and you should just use the "Public" privacy rule instead.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325206 by AlexRag

krileon wrote: The "Users" privacy rule won't display if profiles can't be accessed by anyone but registered users. My guess is "Profile View Access Level" in CB > Configuration > User Profile is not set to Public. If that's the case it makes the "Users" privacy rule basically pointless and you should just use the "Public" privacy rule instead.

You are correct on that setting. I had it set to registered. I guess even is its set to Public a non registered user is not able to see profiles unless they are registered. Is that a correct assumption? I had set it to registered to protect users info from being seen by non-users.

If I leave Profile View Access Level to registered and enable the Privacy "Public" rule then than basically means Public to all other users only. Does that make sense?

If I set Profile View Access Level to Public, then I should keep the Public rule disabled and make the User Rule set to Registered? Could this work to?

So, I understand better. Do these settings in the images below amount to the same thing in that "Users" and "Public" mean when users select this privacy option is only means registered users?

To further complicate the scenario, if I wanted view access to only be a specific registered user group only (in other works if it's set to users [or public], what setting should I be looking at?
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn