CB Profile and language switcher issue

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325484 by boyjahq
When viewing another user's profile in one language, if we click the language switcher link, we are not taken to the other language version of that person's profile. Instead it takes us to our own profile in the other language.

For non-registered public visitors who do this, they get the message:
Error
Please log in or sign up to view or modify your profile.

For example, if viewing a profile in English for user 50601, the link that takes us to that profile is

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&user=50601&Itemid=111&lang=en

But language switcher link to view the profile in Japanese is

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&Itemid=111&lang=jp

The language switcher is not keeping the user=50601 part of the URL. (The opposite case is the same situation if we start on the Japanese page and switch to the English page)

Is there some setting that we must change so that the language switcher will keep the user id part of the profile link?

ADDITIONAL POSSIBLY RELATED ISSUE:

When a user receives an email notification that they have received a new private message (FROM_HAS_SENT_MESSAGE), it includes [from] in the substitution. This [from] then puts the username of the message sender in the notification email and that [from] username is shown as a link in the email, but when clicked, it does not take us to that user's profile. It takes us to our own profile. The URL associated with the [from] link is simply: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&Itemid=111&lang=jp and does not include the "&user=" part of the URL.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325491 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Profile and language switcher issue
We've no control over where the language switcher sends users. The language switcher module directly states in its description it redirects to the home page associated with that language or to the current menu item and the current menu item when viewing a profile is your profile.

When a user receives an email notification that they have received a new private message (FROM_HAS_SENT_MESSAGE), it includes [from] in the substitution. This [from] then puts the username of the message sender in the notification email and that [from] username is shown as a link in the email, but when clicked, it does not take us to that user's profile. It takes us to our own profile. The URL associated with the [from] link is simply: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&Itemid=111&lang=jp and does not include the "&user=" part of the URL.

That is a completely unrelated issue.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8606

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325508 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic CB Profile and language switcher issue

We've no control over where the language switcher sends users. The language switcher module directly states in its description it redirects to the home page associated with that language or to the current menu item and the current menu item when viewing a profile is your profile.

OK. It works for every other link on our site because we are able to make language associations with menu links. Is there some way we can do that with CB profile links as well? Is there some way that we can make every instance of a CB profile link so that it has an appropriate language association while maintaining the user id associated with it?

2 years 9 months ago #325511 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Profile and language switcher issue
Only way to do that is to create a Joomla menu item for every single profile. That's not exactly realistic. I suggest just not displaying the language switcher module anywhere except the Home page as it's unlikely a user would need to switch the language anywhere but there. It's possible there's a setting in the language switcher to help with this, but I didn't create the language switcher so I've no idea.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn