CB Blogs Commenting

2 years 9 months ago #325607 by AlexRag
CB Blogs Commenting was created by AlexRag
Are there any plans to be able to allow other members to comment on blog posts made by other members?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325615 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Blogs Commenting
Should already be available if using Joomla for blog storage as you can enable commenting on Joomla articles via CB Activity Bot. As for the internal storage it has no trigger for its display so there is no way to add commenting there at this time.

On an additional note the internal storage will likely be going away with CB 3.x as it just doesn't make much sense to be duplicating content management when that's the point of Joomla. So ideally we'll be able to provide better blogging in the future as we'll be able to present the new content submit form, but with better control since Joomlas API has improved in that regard. Nobody will really notice though since the migration will take care to move everything as needed if not already using Joomla for storage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325626 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic CB Blogs Commenting
Thanks! I see that when a user post a blog in shows up in the activity feeds for people to comment from, but the activity post only displays the title. (Not sure if this is what you were referring to regarding the activity bot) So you're saying there isn't a way to comment when the user is redirected to the blog post (I gather this is what you mean by internal storage?)

How to do I go about configuring where the blogs are stored to try out the difference between internal and other joomla storage.

I've also noticed CB Articles plugin but but not really sure how it differs from CB Blogs.

And since the plan is to do away with internal, I should focus on trying out the alternate option. (I'm still in the testing phase and have not rolled out the blog feature yet)

2 years 9 months ago #325628 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Blogs Commenting

So you're saying there isn't a way to comment when the user is redirected to the blog post (I gather this is what you mean by internal storage?)

Correct, if you're using internal storage for CB Blogs instead of storing the blog posts to Joomla you won't have commenting directly on the blog post.

How to do I go about configuring where the blogs are stored to try out the difference between internal and other joomla storage.

Edit CB Blogs within CB > Plugin Management and adjust the storage there.

I've also noticed CB Articles plugin but but not really sure how it differs from CB Blogs.

That just displays Joomla articles. It has no storage.

And since the plan is to do away with internal, I should focus on trying out the alternate option. (I'm still in the testing phase and have not rolled out the blog feature yet)

I recommend using Joomla for blog storage for access to the most features.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn