CBSubs Plan URL Options - Checked/Unchecked

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325644 by marriage_minded_man
CBSubs Plan URL Options - Checked/Unchecked was created by marriage_minded_man
In each CBSubs plan there are instructions for direct links to purchase/register.

For "Unregistered" users: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=1
This leads to a registration form with that single plan prechecked (value=1).

For "Registered" users: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=addplanstobasket&plans=1
This leads to adding of that single plan to cart/basket (aka Summary/Billing page).

For multiple plans I can select the plan number by using "....plans=2-8-3" etc.

However, when I do this, for Unregistered users, leading to the Registration form, none of their values are checked off. What do I need to pass in the URL to have the values checked off by default?

My second problem:

If I have 20 different subscriptions and products, and I'd like to have the user mix and match; for Unregistered users, I can simply send them to the default registration form which will list all the plans and they can check off whichever they want, but how do I address this for registered users? Can I create a page where they can pick and choose and then go to the "Summary/Billing" page with all their selections?

With 20 different subscriptions, there is no way I can create that many combinations of links.

Thanks.

P.S. For registered users, is the system not designed to allow user to add to cart/basket (summary/billing page)? Seems I can only cancel payment at that point but not able to add more items.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325648 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Plan URL Options - Checked/Unchecked

However, when I do this, for Unregistered users, leading to the Registration form, none of their values are checked off. What do I need to pass in the URL to have the values checked off by default?

That's working as expected with the "displayplans" URL. Use the "addplanstobasket" URL if you want them to be auto-selected.

how do I address this for registered users? Can I create a page where they can pick and choose and then go to the "Summary/Billing" page with all their selections?

Send them to the "displayplans" URL, but don't add "&plans=PLAN_ID" to the URL. Specifically the following URL.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans

You can also create a Joomla menu item to this URL by using a menu type of Community Builder > Plugin and selecting CB Paid Subscriptions from the Plugin parameter.

P.S. For registered users, is the system not designed to allow user to add to cart/basket (summary/billing page)? Seems I can only cancel payment at that point but not able to add more items.

Correct, we don't have an actual shopping cart implementation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marriage_minded_man

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325656 by beat
In complement to Kyle's reply

> That's working as expected with the "displayplans" URL. Use the "addplanstobasket" URL if you want them to be auto-selected.

If you don't want to directly add them to basket, but just have them checkmarked, just add a 's' to the numbers you want pre-selected, e.g.:

plans=2-8s-3s

to select plans 8 and 3.

This is documented in the "i" symbol with examples of the "Url of plan to display only this plan ('-' to display multiple plans)" displayed link.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon, marriage_minded_man

2 years 9 months ago #325658 by marriage_minded_man
Replied by marriage_minded_man on topic CBSubs Plan URL Options - Checked/Unchecked
The "plans=4-5s-6" had the desired effect for unregistered users. I can send them to the Reg form with plans checked using "s".

However for Registed users, the

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans

shows me the subscriptions page, but none of the other plans are showing under the "We suggest subscribing to following subscriptions:" section. I'm assuming they are supposed to show there, maybe a setting on the plans themselves? Can't seem to find it. I can change the text/copy for it, but I can't find how to display plans there.

How do I get plans to show under the ""We suggest subscribing to following subscriptions:" section?

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325659 by marriage_minded_man
Replied by marriage_minded_man on topic CBSubs Plan URL Options - Checked/Unchecked
It only shows plans on that page if they are marked as upgrades.

Either a direct upgrade to an existing/subscribed plan (under "Your current subscriptions"), or as a general upgrade marked with "Allow upgrades to this" (under "Your current subscription upgrade possibility:").

Still nothing shows under the "We suggest subscribing to following subscriptions:".

Please advise. Thanks.

P.S. I guess the wording upgrade is not accurate since a user can be part of multiple plans simultaneously unless it's a true upgrade between 2 plans that are both exclusive? Should I enable upgrades for all plans since I want a user to be able to purchase multiple plans at the same time? And then change the wording to "Additional plan possibilities"?

Still doesn't explain the "We suggest subscribing..." section is empty.

Sorry for the multiple edits: I'm not seeing a good option once logged in to select multiple plans at the same time. The entry point at Registration Form where I can check off several plans/products is very nice and adds everything up for you (but thats for users wanting to register). How do I replicate that for logged in users? Seems I can only buy one at a time once logged in.

2 years 9 months ago #325662 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Plan URL Options - Checked/Unchecked
"We suggest subscribing to following subscriptions:" is just descriptive text. What should follow that is any plans available to the user. Example as follows.

That page when viewed as a registered user will just display exactly what the profile Subscriptions tab would except with the addition of that descriptive text, which you can change or just remove in CBSubs > Settings > Display > Plans using the "Suggestion text for plans subscription (always displayed)" parameter.

As for plans not displaying there they need to be accessible to an already registered user. So yes they need to allow upgrades if you want them to be able to upgrade to that plan. If you want to allow multiple plans subscribed then be sure your plans are set to non-exclusive.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: marriage_minded_man

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn