CBSubs - Moderator Frontend View of User Subscriptions

2 years 9 months ago #325645 by marriage_minded_man
CBSubs - Moderator Frontend View of User Subscriptions was created by marriage_minded_man
2 questions:

1. How do I get Moderators to be able to view (and possibly) edit a users subscriptions from the frontend?

The tab seems to only show for the user (view and edit) and allows the user to renew/unsubscribe etc. But I can't get it to show for moderators on the front end.

2. Is there a way for moderators to edit subscriptions for users (frontend or backend)? Specifically adjust the expiry date to extend a subscritption if necessary?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325649 by krileon

1. How do I get Moderators to be able to view (and possibly) edit a users subscriptions from the frontend?

You can go through the process of starting a subscription using the Subscriptions tab while viewing a user other than yourself, but you won't be able to just give them the subscription for free without a coupon, using maybe a dummy payment gateway, or using offline gateway then marking the payment as paid from invoices page. Typically you should just be doing this from backend.

The tab seems to only show for the user (view and edit) and allows the user to renew/unsubscribe etc. But I can't get it to show for moderators on the front end.

Your moderator usergroup likely doesn't have permissions to do so then. You can adjust CBSubs permissions in Settings then click the Permissions button on the top right. They'll need "View User Subscriptions" and "Manage User Subscriptions" permissions.

2. Is there a way for moderators to edit subscriptions for users (frontend or backend)? Specifically adjust the expiry date to extend a subscritption if necessary?

This can only be done from backend within CBSubs > Subscriptions by clicking the # under the ID column. You however should not be doing this unless absolutely necessary. Subscriptions should be extended via renewals allowing CBSubs to handles any and all necessary checks for duration, status, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marriage_minded_man

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn