Auto emails in HTML and TEXT format possible?

2 years 8 months ago #325789 by boyjahq
All of our auto generated emails from Community Builder and CBSubs are in HTML format. But we have some users who, for spam avoidance reasons, have email software set so that it will not open or display HTML format emails. Is there some way around this? Is there some way to send auto emails in both HTML and TEXT format so that text only email software can also see the messages?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325792 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto emails in HTML and TEXT format possible?

Is there some way around this?

Their software should just let them view the email without HTML in that case. They've chose to use email like that so leave it up to them. I have the same feature in Thunderbird and just toggle HTML on per-domain once trusted.

Is there some way to send auto emails in both HTML and TEXT format so that text only email software can also see the messages?

No, we don't have a way at this time to send multi-part emails (2 different content bodies). This will likely be supported once we support email templates. I'm unsure if Joomla email templates or mailer API supports this either though as we'll be switching to Joomla mailer API with CB 3.x (possibly in CB 2.7 as well).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn