Upgrade CB from 2.4.2 to 2.6.2

2 years 7 months ago #326248 by DG5FU
Upgrade CB from 2.4.2 to 2.6.2 was created by DG5FU
Hi Team,

we have a CommunityBuilder Joomla site with the CB version 2.4.2.
Our last update to the next higher version resulted in a loss of all media in the profiles, therefore we rolled back to 2.4.2 (with the backup).

Now we want to upgrade the Joomla site to the newest CB version and keep all User-Data (included images, video-links to youtube, etc.). In addition we have a bunch of Extensions on the page whom need to be ported to

Can you please let us know, how we need to proceed? Can we just jump to the newest version, or did we have to make steps?

We have setup a mirror-page for tests, cause the live page is used by many people a day.
If needed, i can provide you a SuperAdmin access via PM.

Thanks,
DG5FU

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326252 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrade CB from 2.4.2 to 2.6.2

Our last update to the next higher version resulted in a loss of all media in the profiles, therefore we rolled back to 2.4.2 (with the backup).

I don't see a forum topic from you regarding this. If this happens again please post in the support forums as much detail as possible as data loss absolutely should not be happening.

Can we just jump to the newest version

Yes. You shouldn't lose any during a simple update. Since you're coming from a much older release though I do recommend upgrading your clone first before live to be safe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.846 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn