Subscription downgrade

2 years 6 months ago #326520 by galanopd
Subscription downgrade was created by galanopd
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to implement a downgrade of a subscription plan due to some reason, e.g. expiration of supporting documents, no payment received etc, rather than total subscription expiration.

For instance, from lower to higher, the plans are: A,B,C

A user has Plan C but fails to renew his subscription. The system will notify him and after e.g. one month, will downgrade him to Plan B. If he fails again after one more month to renew his subscription to C, system will downgrade him to Plan A (which is actually the free plan).

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #326521 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Subscription downgrade
Best way to do that is to use parent > child plan setup. Example as follows.

Plan 1 (exclusive, free, lifetime)
- Plan 2 (non-exclusive, paid)

They'll always have Plan 1 in this case even if Plan 2 expires. Another options is to use CB Auto Actions to give them a subscription to whatever plan you like when their paid plan expires. To do that you'd use the following in CB Auto Actions.

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Condition 1
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var3]
Operator: Equal To
Value: PLAN_ID_HERE
Condition 2
Custom Value: [var2]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: A

Replace PLAN_ID_HERE with the plan id of the plan you want to trigger this for. Next set Action to CB Paid Subscription. Under Action you can then configure it to subscribe them to whatever plan you like. This will trigger when PLAN_ID_HERE expires.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #326531 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Subscription downgrade
On registration form, is it possible after selecting an option in a custom field, to trigger with CBAutoAuctions specific Subscription plans to appear on the registration form?

I mean, if a select field (e.g. Subs_Plan) has categories A,B,C according to what the user chooses, to trigger as follows

Category A --> Plan A, Plan D, Plan F
Category B --> Plan B
Category C --> Plan C, Plan Z

Maybe the Condition would be
Type --> CB Paid Subscriptions
Condition
Custom Value: Subs_Plan
Operator: Equal To
Value: Category A

But then in Action I have
Subscribe
Renew
Unsubscribe
Delete
Promotion
And none of them is what I need. I need the Subscription Plans that correspond to the category, only to show up in order for the user to choose.

On the other hand, if I choose Type --> Field, I don't see the subscription plans in Action.

Thanks again

2 years 6 months ago #326536 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Subscription downgrade
You wouldn't use CB Auto Actions for that, but instead would use the built in conditions features for plans. Edit your plan within CBSubs > Plans then under the Workflows tab you should set a "Registration CB workflows" fieldset and within that is a "Dynamic Conditions on other plans and CB Fields to show this plan and to allow subscribing to it" fieldset. That is where you'll be able to configure dynamic conditions for plans display during registration. Example as follows.

Conditions: These conditions must be met on the registration form to show this plan at registration:
And following CB Field: Subs_Plan
Condition: = (Is equal to)
Value: Category A

This should only show the plan if the field Subs_Plan has a value of Category A.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #326543 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Subscription downgrade
Really helpful Krileon,

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn