Authorize.net ARB

2 years 6 months ago #326532 by AdvisorProducts
Authorize.net ARB was created by AdvisorProducts
A few years ago you dropped support for Authorize.net's ARB reporting back to CBsubs.
Have you since restored that feature or does CBsubs still only update new transaction that are not subscription renewals for Authorize.net?

-Bill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #326534 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Authorize.net ARB
I don't recall dropping support for ARB. The code still seams to be there as well. Where are you seeing this was dropped? Is Authorize.net no longer working for you?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 6 months ago #326535 by AdvisorProducts
Replied by AdvisorProducts on topic Authorize.net ARB
In 2019, Recurring charges from Authorize.net stopped reporting transactions back to CBSubs. I entered a ticket in the forum and Beat replied with:

This lack of backward compatibility and repeatedly sudden API changes without any understanding on the requirement of solution providers are one of the reasons that we do not recommend authorize.net anymore. See the "deprecated" anouncement at top of authorize.net settings in the latest CBSubs release. As already said above/previous page, we will not continue to support authorize.net payment method when they change again their APIs, because we find such reckless users-business damaging behavior not acceptable for our users. And it looks like it's going to happen soon or has happened already.

the full thread is here: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/241193-automatic-renewals-with-authorize-net?start=6#313215

I've been updating recurring charges manually for a couple years now. Are you saying Authorize.net ARB transactions are supposed ot be working to update CBSubs? (I hope so because I'm tired of doing it manually).

2 years 6 months ago #326537 by AdvisorProducts
The deprecated message Beat mentioned is still visible in the Authorize.net Gateway setup screen and states:

This payment service provider method is not recommended as it requires an extended PCI/DSS certification of your organization and server. This is due to the fact that with this method sensitive payment information is transmitted through your website before reaching the payment service provider. Thus this gateway method is marked as deprecated. We highly recommend choosing a different payment service provider and method where sensitive payment information is sent directly from the user's browser to the payment service provider.

But I'm hoping there has been a resolution in the past couple years.

2 years 6 months ago #326538 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Authorize.net ARB
Currently our stance regarding Authorize.net ARB is unchanged. Unfortunately they just stopped sending silent posts. Completely removed them. They replaced them with webhooks, which are not backwards compatible. It's a 100% full rewrite of the Authorize.net gateway to fix this, which we don't have the resources to do right now. We'll look into this further again, but I don't really have a solution right now. Even if we do rewrite the gateway your existing recurring subscriptions still won't work because they did this in a non-backwards compatible way.

I've created a forge ticket to at least document this and open further discussion internally.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8722

Is there a specific reason you absolutely need to use Authorize.net? As I understand it you switched to PayPal Pro?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 6 months ago #326539 by AdvisorProducts
Thank you for the update. If you did add the webhook feature in the future it would still be of value. As subs expire due to credit card expiration, clients would have to resubscribe at which time a new sub would be created using the updated webhook method. Over time all old version subs would eventually get updated into the new format so that eventually manual entry would go away.

Thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds