CB - icon representing new private messages suddenly disappeared

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #326592 by erichburkhard
Hi - I have the following issue:

After an upgrade / improvements of my website I have seen that notification icon for new arrived messages has been disappeared.

Bevore the upgrade it looked like this:

After the upgrade it looked like this:

The actual versions of the main entities are:

- Joomla 3.10.2
- CB 2.6.2

The problem for me is that I don't know which 'change' caused that this icon has been disappeared. The private message plugin (version 2.6.2) seems to work perfect, and I am able to send an receive messages (PS: I am using the internal model, not uddeim). The only problem is that this notification icon / link has been disappeared

Could you help me please?

Regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326596 by krileon
What version of CB did you upgrade from? Please do not depend on CB Menu tab. It will be completely gone in CB 3.x. It's an old implementation from the Joomla 1.x and Mambo days. It's fine to use it on profile but I don't suggest making it a major part of your site. I see it's directly below the login module, which the login module can show new private message notifications.

That icon only displays if "Profile Icon" is enabled in PMS > Parameters > Internal > Display > Messages and if the viewing user is the profile owner.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326612 by erichburkhard
Hi - attached to this message I send you a screendump of the actual PMS settings (version 2.6.2). The setting are already set as you told me - but there is no effect --> icon is not visible in version 2.6.2:

The PMS/CB version from where I startet the upgrade process is: 2.5.0+build.2021.02.23.21.18.54.d0260b17c (PS: in this version the icon is visible and the funtionality is correct) ....BUT I didn't upgrade in one single step to 2.6.2. so it is also possible that this icon got 'lost' after the installation of a CB version between: CB 2.5.0+build.2021.02.23.21.18.54.d0260b17c and CB 2.6.2.
Attachments:

2 years 5 months ago #326615 by krileon
Ok, I see why it's gone. It's now using the new onAfterMenu trigger to properly add the icon to the menu bar. This isn't compatible with the old table or menu list display for CB Menu. There isn't a solution at this time to return its display there. I really do not recommend using that menu anymore, but will review adding support for this back in.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326616 by krileon
Ok, the best way to add a menu link back in to link to private messages is to edit the Menu tab in CB > Tab Management then set the following.

First Menu Name: Custom
First Sub-Menu Name: Private Messages
First Sub-Menu URL: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=pms.mypmspro&action=messages

At this time there's no plans to support the modal window popup in the legacy menu usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 years 5 months ago #326621 by erichburkhard
I also would like to prefer a sustainable solution for this issue. Now I have seen that when I use the CB Workflow module there is a possibility to show NEW messages .....is this better?

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn