Sharing field values when sharing a family subscription

2 years 5 months ago #327029 by MarlonFungai
Hi guys I am looking to make the value of a field the same as the person who owns a shared subscription in this way. Lets say my name is Joe Bloggs and I share my subscription with Jenny Hurt. I want when Jenny accepts my subscription her surname to change to Bloggs and her maiden name becomes Hurt so she becomes Jenny Bloggs with maiden name Hurt. How can I achieve this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #327039 by beat

MarlonFungai wrote: Hi guys I am looking to make the value of a field the same as the person who owns a shared subscription in this way. Lets say my name is Joe Bloggs and I share my subscription with Jenny Hurt. I want when Jenny accepts my subscription her surname to change to Bloggs and her maiden name becomes Hurt so she becomes Jenny Bloggs with maiden name Hurt. How can I achieve this?

That does not exist out of the box.

You would probably need to copy over the values of those fields with CB Auto Actions triggered by the CBSubs Family Plans triggers, which are listed here:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/244214-auto-join-group-with-shared-subscription-family-plan#326019

using familyplans_onBeforeAcceptSharedSub event, used to add custom behavior for when a shared subscription is accepted:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/244214-auto-join-group-with-shared-subscription-family-plan?start=6#326049

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 4 months ago #327415 by MarlonFungai
Is there a way I can register or create a user when I send the shared subscription. I am trying to shorten registration for users who are invited to share a subscription but are not yet registered on the system. The idea being the user is created with some values when the shared subscription invite is sent, they then use the accept link to login and accept the subscription and then some of the senders values are copied over to them after they accept.

2 years 4 months ago #327426 by krileon

Is there a way I can register or create a user when I send the shared subscription.

No, there's no trigger for when a plan is shared to act on to register a user.

The idea being the user is created with some values when the shared subscription invite is sent, they then use the accept link to login and accept the subscription and then some of the senders values are copied over to them after they accept.

There's no functionality for that. There is little to no information to even register a user. All that is asked is their email address. It may or may not even be shared to a family member whom may or may not even have the same last name.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 4 months ago #327450 by MarlonFungai
Ok thanks. Can I ask for a feature request for this. I understand it will take some time for you guys to implement it should you choose to, we won't be removing CB Subs anytime soon. The proposed feature would be to add the option to create the shared user if they do not exist. Then the share message would include the users credentials and the share link could allow the user to auto login. This would make the registration flow for a non user sharing a subscription a lot easier and it would help new communities get users. In our use case which is a community for a municipality it would help us leaps and bounds as the municipal staff and councillors would be able to create users by sharing their subscription and that would result in the whole community on boarding.

2 years 4 months ago #327454 by krileon
There are no plans to add such a feature, sorry. Again, there's no information to use to even create the user. It only asks for a email address. That isn't enough to register someone and registering someone without their consent is rude. Auto login from a link is also dangerous and we've no plans to ever support such a functionality.

What I can do is review adding more triggers to CBSubs Family Plans and if you choose to develop such a functionality that would be entirely up to you.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8804

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn