CB Activity new use for spots display

2 years 3 months ago #327692 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity new use for spots display
Asset is meant to describe where something is and what it is. It should use the following structure.

target_source . target_type . target_id . object_source . object_type . object_id . verb

Below is an example of how an asset will parse into these values.

cbgroupjive.group.10.join

That would become as follows.

target_source = cbgroupjive
target_type = group
target_id = 10
verb = join

Technically there's also support for verb_id, but it's unused at the moment. So the below structure is valid as well.

target_source . target_type . target_id . object_source . object_type . object_id . verb . verb_id

This isn't strict though. It's just the asset structure core CB Activity and other plugin integrations will adhere to. You can technically use whatever asset structure you want for custom activity, but I recommend following the above as CB Activity 6.0.0 has parsing functions to split the asset into this structure so it's easier to work with.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #327693 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity new use for spots display
Yes I understand this, but if there is a CB activity with params such as gallery items and location/place, how comes that these are not displayed in the activity viewed by public group ?

The activity is well displayed but without its elements. What impact has the asset structure on this ? shouldn't the activity display all its elements viewed by public group is set so ?

I mean that even if I save my activity with the asset groupjive.group.55.event.[cb:userdata field="cb_marketevents" /].activation
the gallery items are still saved with profile.xx.uploads so they are not displayed in a public view, nor are they displayed in the group activity stream

What do I miss ?

The workaround that i found is to set the assets to
$variables['var3']->set( 'asset', 'activha.group.57.event.[cb:userdata field="cb_marketevents" /].activation.[var3_id]' );
That allows the display of the activity to the public, provided that the gallery is set to confidentiality : public

If I can use this, that would be ok. But in this case can I add another gallery tab for the user with a private confidentiality for him to save private media ? and how ?

Thanks and have a good day tomorrow

2 years 3 months ago #327700 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity new use for spots display

Yes I understand this, but if there is a CB activity with params such as gallery items and location/place, how comes that these are not displayed in the activity viewed by public group ?

Asset is irrelevant for core activity features like Actions, Tags, Location, Themes, etc.. and gallery uploads directly on the activity. So they should display perfectly fine.

the gallery items are still saved with profile.xx.uploads so they are not displayed in a public view, nor are they displayed in the group activity stream

Uploads directly on stream are always uploaded to their profile gallery. If the profile gallery can't be accessed then those entries won't display. This will change in the future when CB Gallery has stored galleries as I'll use an entirely separate gallery from profile to hold the uploads, but for now that's the limitation.

If I can use this, that would be ok. But in this case can I add another gallery tab for the user with a private confidentiality for him to save private media ? and how ?

I suppose you could create a second gallery if you want. CB Gallery provides a gallery fieldtype to do exactly that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn