CBSubs disputed baskets

2 years 3 months ago #327544 by activha
CBSubs disputed baskets was created by activha
Hello

When a payment is marked as lost/disputed on Stripe for any reason, the basket is then market as Reversed in CBSubs and an invoice is established.

The issue is that if the customer wants to pay it with another mean (wire transfer or CB) there is no solution to pay this basket even in the back office.

Renewing the subscription by issuing another basket and making a new payment works fine but the issue is that it creates a second invoice while the first one stays unpaid in the system, and then in the accounting software.
For now, our only solution is to manually write a credit note to balance the first invoice.

Would it be possible to implement :
- the ability to mark the basket as paid by another mean in the back office
- mark the subscription as active (I understand that recurring would not be an option)

or offer a way to :
- relaunch the payment on stripe
- or automatically issue a credit note to balance the first invoice/basket

Thanks for your help on this
Regards
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #327547 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs disputed baskets
The basket (and invoice) was disputed and the dispute was lost. That basket (and invoice) is effectively closed. There is no way to re-use it. The correct course of action would be for them to pay using a new basket (new invoice). Reusing a disputed and closed basket would seam to be the wrong way to handle this from what I understand.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 3 months ago #327549 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs disputed baskets
We would be back to an old thread where we talked about the legality of invoices. As long as an invoice is set we cannot delete it, that's illegal. We need to do a credit note to compensate it and that's a lot of manual work if we have lots baskets.

Our baskets/invoices are due as soon as they are subscribed. Sometimes payments are refused due to not provisioned SEPA account or credit card. That does not mean that the customer will not pay, just that they have to find another mean to pay.

So at least that would be great to be able to pay the reversed basket manually when they make a wire payment instead.

But what would be really needed is a way to pay the reversed basket by any other mean.

2 years 3 months ago #327551 by krileon
I guess you can edit the subscription in CBSubs > Subscriptions by clicking the # under the Id column and forcing it back to a pending status if you want to reuse the basket.

I've added a feature ticket and will look into how to best handle this for a future release. I'm not sure how to best handle this at this time nor have the time to implement it right now as CB Activity 6.0.0 is my priority right now.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8813

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 3 months ago #327552 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs disputed baskets

I guess you can edit the subscription in CBSubs > Subscriptions by clicking the # under the Id column and forcing it back to a pending status if you want to reuse the basket.

Just tried this and this created a new basket, then a new invoice, then a new accounting invoice on the external software and we have now to issue a new credit note on the accounting software :-(

There is really a need to absolutely reuse the same reversed basket to deal with this.

But I agree with you on CB 6, we can wait on CBSubs :-) :-)

2 years 3 months ago #327553 by krileon

There is really a need to absolutely reuse the same reversed basket to deal with this.

I will be looking into that possibility in a future release. Likely a parameter to toggle how you want disputed baskets to be dealt with (e.g. made Pending again).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn