CBSubs disputed baskets

2 years 4 months ago #327564 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs disputed baskets
OK tell me if I can help with our SEPA account or test account

I'll be glad to be of assistance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago #327565 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs disputed baskets

Following my checks : does CBSubs escape quotes in the post ?

We don't set the statement descriptor at all. That's set by Stripe from Description and Stripe should be responsible for clearing invalid characters when they do that. I suggest you contact Stripe regarding that as that'd be a bug on their end. Specifically we only set the following.

stripe.com/docs/api/charges/create#create_charge-description
stripe.com/docs/api/setup_intents/create#create_setup_intent-description
stripe.com/docs/api/payment_intents/create#create_payment_intent-description
stripe.com/docs/api/prices/create#create_price-product_data-name

None of which state they are a statement descriptor nor do they state they have any of the statement descriptor limitations, which are documented below.

stripe.com/docs/statement-descriptors

In conclusion this has to be a bug at Stripe OR their documentation is incomplete. So I'm not sure how we're supposed to best deal with this until Stripe has looked into it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 3 months ago #328014 by activha
I come back on this post as we have lots of customers with SEPA disputes which wishes to pay another mean such as Credit Card

Some also have been tagged as offline payment, come to their page and would like to pay also by Credit Card

Is there any solution to display a link to their basket and an ability to pay online with Stripe for instance ?

I know that it's impossible to change a SEPA account at Stripe for now but if we could change the payment mode and alter from offline/SEPA to Credit Card at the wish of the customer in frontline ? that would be really great

Do you have any ideas on this ?

2 years 3 months ago #328020 by krileon
If it's a recurring subscription they'll need to cancel it first then renew with their card unless it's recurring via Stripe then you should just be able to use the change payment method button. For existing offline payments they should be able to just renew normally and pay with a card.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 3 months ago #328022 by activha
Our customers won't cancel and renew. These are companies and they expect from us to be able to do it.

Further as I already explained, it's not possible to "cancel" an invoice/basket once it has been published even if not sent (under EU laws). So the only solution for us it to have this invoice paid and not another one.

We need a way to get it paid either by wire, credit card or any other mean but it's the original invoice/basket which needs to be paid

The change payment button does not work for SEPA payment in default or disputed (often for a simple bank issue).

So we really need to address all the disputes which are all not paid invoices and cannot be simply deleted from the DB

Hope you understand but we already had this point since a couple of years and Beat and you admitted that something needed to be done ;-)

If you can simply reset the basket/invoice in pending state when a dispute is lost, that would be a great improvement.

2 years 3 months ago #328026 by krileon

Our customers won't cancel and renew. These are companies and they expect from us to be able to do it.

You should be able to change the payment method at Stripe manually for their customer account and mark it as default in that case. That will work fine with their existing recurring subscription in CBSubs.

The change payment button does not work for SEPA payment in default or disputed (often for a simple bank issue).

What do you mean it doesn't work? Stripe is blocking it or the button isn't even displaying?

If you can simply reset the basket/invoice in pending state when a dispute is lost, that would be a great improvement.

We've already a feature ticket to review adding that.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8813

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn