CBSubs disputed baskets

2 years 4 months ago #327554 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs disputed baskets
Good idea
Or a setting only for reversed basket asking if you want them to stay reversed or come back to pending after a time ?
That would allow all auto actions to fire on reversed to ask for payments and then set the basket to pending

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago #327555 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs disputed baskets
It'd be a parameter to specify how the IPN handling will deal with a Lost_Reversal IPN. Currently it cancels any active subscription at Stripe and then does nothing. The parameter would let you decide to keep that behavior, set the basket to pending, make the basket and sub scription active again, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

2 years 3 months ago #327560 by activha
By the way I also noticed that STRIPE now does not stop a payment when there is a dispute but only suspend the subscription, which makes that it keeps trying month after month and charges fees :-)

So it could be good to stop a subscription and recurring payments at Stripe when Stripe sends back a disputed info ?

2 years 3 months ago #327561 by krileon
We cancel the subscription at Stripe when a lost dispute IPN is sent to CBSubs. The notification in Stripes log will be of type charge.dispute.closed and data.object.status will be set to "lost" or "charge_refunded", which will result in a CBSubs status of Lost_Reversal, which will cancel the subscription at Stripe.

The code for the above behavior is on line 2635 of /processors/stripe/cbpaidsubscriptions.stripe.php.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #327562 by activha
I have several examples where charge.dispute.closed with data.object.status is lost and the subscription stays active at Stripe while it is correctly cancelled at CBsubs

Are you sure that CBSubs send back the info to Stripe ?

For Stripe the subscription is still active and the latest payments are marked as cancelled while a couple of months ago the stripe subscription was marked as cancelled.

Seems like Stripe is still trying to issue invoices and then simply cancel them. So the subscription stays active indefinitely for stripe

Following my checks : does CBSubs escape quotes in the post ?
I got yesterday
{
  "payment_method_types": [
    "sepa_debit"
  ],
  "payment_method_options": {
    "card": {
      "moto": "true"
    }
  },
  "amount": "18000",
  "capture_method": "automatic",
  "confirm": "true",
  "currency": "eur",
  "statement_descriptor": "ACTIV'HA",
  "source": "src_1CNGSYDq739h3iODkeZhljOi",
  "customer": "cus_Cmq8xNBkvdYtsN",
  "description": "Solde contrat 03/2022"
}

This resulted in an error
{
  "error": {
    "message": "Le libellé de relevé bancaire ne peut pas contenir les caractères suivants : '",
    "message_code": "invalid_statement_descriptor_character",
    "param": "statement_descriptor",
    "type": "invalid_request_error"
  }
}

2 years 3 months ago #327563 by krileon
It was working perfectly fine during my dispute testing when implemented. It's possible SEPA disputes are behaving differently, but they're impossible for me to test directly due to limitations on SEPA payments. Have added a bug ticket to retest the process when I have time and see if something could be going wrong.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8815

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.574 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn