Customizing Groups

2 years 3 months ago #327861 by MarlonFungai
Customizing Groups was created by MarlonFungai
I am trying to add a button to the groupjive groups that connects to a service called jitsi as a service. Basically its a video conferencing solution. What I was hoping to do is add the button before the follow button on each group. For now it would just be link. Secondly Is there a way to customize the event fields in the form so that I can add additional information like zoom links and galleries?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #327873 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Customizing Groups

What I was hoping to do is add the button before the follow button on each group. For now it would just be link.

Make a copy of the system action "CB Groupjive - Follow" in CB Auto Actions and change its type from CB Activity to Code. Remove the second condition checking [var2_type]. Next under Action leave Method as HTML and for Code supply whatever HTML you need to link to your external service.

Secondly Is there a way to customize the event fields in the form so that I can add additional information like zoom links and galleries?

No, it has no fields functionality and no storage functionality for custom fields. Suggest putting whatever information you need directly in the event description.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarlonFungai

2 years 3 months ago #327881 by MarlonFungai
Replied by MarlonFungai on topic Customizing Groups
I am thinking of using JavaScript/JQuery and the CB Content Module to adjust the event description field. 1st I would turn that into a hidden form field and then add up the values from an number of input fields that are rendered by JavaScript. I am finding though that I can't create a menu link to the new event form and it takes the default Itemid of the CB Profile. Is there a way I can change this so I can assign a CB Content module to adjust this form?

2 years 3 months ago #327886 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Customizing Groups
Use gj_onAfterDisplayEventEdit in CB Auto Actions to add custom JS to the event edit form using a Code action instead of trying to use a CB Content Module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds