CB login

2 years 2 months ago #327863 by activha
CB login was created by activha
Hello

I have a question regarding redirecting after login using CB login
We have changed our template to use standard joomla login which is correctly redirected to CB login page. This is fine to avoid loading all CB plugins to all pages but only to the connecting page.
However when logging the page redirects either to the indicated page in the settings or to the connection page if nothing is set. This is the waited behavior but we'd like to have it reload the page it came from. Is it possible and how ?`
Would it be possible to have an ability to load CB login in a modal or a dropdown to trigger it from a single button ? Thus replacing more easily joomla login ?
Thanks for your feedback

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #327874 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB login
What issues are you having with just using CB Login Module directly? That's how you return to same page you logged in from by logging in through the module on that page. It only loads plugins if you tell it to load plugins within the plugins parameters otherwise it loads the bare minimum.

Alternatively the only way the CB Login Module can return to the previous location is if &return is present in the login page redirect and contains the base64 encoded URL to redirect back to.

Additionally our plugin loading is basically nothing now since nearly all of our plugins main PHP file that gets loaded is just adding to our autoloader and doesn't do anything beyond that. So there should be no performance issues from loading plugins in the module either.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago #327880 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB login
OK so if there are no performance issue, how coud I style it to behave like a dropdown area with input fields and buttons ?

The aim is to reduce the size in the upper header with a single sign up/sign on button opening a dropdown or a modal

2 years 2 months ago #327885 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB login

The aim is to reduce the size in the upper header with a single sign up/sign on button opening a dropdown or a modal

Tucking login into a dropdown is bad UX. It should be easily visible to users otherwise it's incredibly easy to overlook. Suggest doing similar to what we have at the top right if you want it minimally visible, but still good UX.

If you still want it in a dropdown or modal that's typically something you need your template to do. The templates that have such a feature usually have specific module positions for doing exactly that. Modules are not context aware so they don't really have any idea where they're being rendered outside of what menu item they're on. This means they've no access to surrounding HTML, etc.. and is why this has to be done from the template via a module position.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago #327897 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB login
OK Thanks I went your way by adapting the template that's much better this way :-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds