new user creation from back end

2 years 2 months ago #327984 by activha
new user creation from back end was created by activha
Hello

I have a question when using a third party component like RSTickets Pro
This component allows to send a ticket to an outside user not on our joomla website and automatically creates a joomla user with password so that he can accesses his tickets
However it seems like the user is created without CB knowing it.
Can you tell me how to integrate this so that CB would take priority and automatically create the user with the correct email sending and default data ?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #327986 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic new user creation from back end
It would need to use CB API to create the user instead of Joomla API. Our API for doing this is documented below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18362-registering-a-user-through-cb-api

If they've a Joomla event during that operation you'd be able to probably override the behavior using CB Auto Actions.

Worst case I guess is you'll need to run the synchronize users tool every now and again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago #327992 by activha
Replied by activha on topic new user creation from back end
I guess that they use standard joomla event
BTW is it still recommended to deactivate standard joomla registration with CB ? or do you override the behavior ?
I mean if we have other components trying to create joomla users and send email, what kind of autoaction can I write to be sure all will be in sync with CB ?

2 years 2 months ago #327994 by krileon

BTW is it still recommended to deactivate standard joomla registration with CB ? or do you override the behavior ?

As long as CBs system plugin is published and the redirect behavior in it was not turned off we will redirect from Joomla registration to ours.

I mean if we have other components trying to create joomla users and send email, what kind of autoaction can I write to be sure all will be in sync with CB ?

We don't have a way to sync like that. They need to be registered through CB. You'd need to be able to replace their registration save behavior with your own.

With CB 3.x we ideally won't have our own registration form anymore. I want to ideally just overrider com_users registration/edit/view layouts with our own custom ones as we want to move away from our custom _comprofiler table to instead just use Joomla's profile data storage. This would allow CB profile display that you're used to while being entirely compatible with core Joomla users. No idea if this will even be possible though and will cross that bridge when the time comes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago #328001 by activha
Replied by activha on topic new user creation from back end
RSJoomla states that they use standard onUserAfterSave event when creating a new user.

What kind of autoaction can I use with it ?

2 years 2 months ago #328005 by krileon
They would need their own Joomla event before the user is saved for you to interrupt their process with your own. That's Joomla's event and we can't interrupt that as CBs user store will trigger that as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn