[SOLVED] [#8886] Changing parent plant was created by galanopd
Let's say I have the following Parent and Child plans:

-P1
--P1C1 -> user is already subscribed here
--P1C2 -> this is an upgrade option

-P2
--P2C1 -> this is an upgrade option
--P2C2 -> this is an upgrade option

What I need is that when user clicks (but not yet subscribes) on P1C2 and then changes his mind and clicks on P2 and P2C2, the P1C2 to unselect. In other words no matter how many parent and child plans there are, if the user clicks on one, the rest to unselect. Exclusivity seems to work within the same parent plan and among other plans but not between the already subscribed parent plan (and its upgrade option to another child) with another parent. All my plans have exclusivity active.

Edit: I added one more plan to understand more

-P3
--P3C1

and what I realized so far is that changing between P2 and P3 and their respective child plans there is no problem. Clicking on one plan the other deselects. The issue appears only in P1 which is actually the one that the user is already subscribed. I do understand that the option to select P1 is invisible as upgrade as the user is already subscribed to P1/P1C1 so it wouldnt be logic to upgrade to the same parent, but the upgrade option P1C2 normally should deselect in case user clicked on P2 or P3 and their respective child plans. Is that correct?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #328791 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Changing parent plant
If they're already subscribed to P1 and have a child plan selected for upgrade then they select P2 it won't de-select the P1 child plan. We don't have any JS in place to cover that case. It will work as you're expecting if they aren't already subscribed to P1 though. This happens because we don't have a parent plan anymore to check against since its already been subscribed to.

One way to workaround this might be to use dynamic upgrade conditions under the Workflows tab. For the child plans you'd configure the following.

Subscriptions upgrades workflows
Dynamic Conditions (with Javascript animations): These conditions must be met to show this plan dynamically as upgrade:
None of the following plans can also be selected: P2 and P3

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

2 years 2 weeks ago #328804 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Changing parent plant
Thank you for the above it is understood.

1. When I click on "Dynamic Conditions on other plans to show this plan and to allow upgrading to it" the sections that opens is labeled "Conditions on other plans to show this plan at registration". In my case, this is not related to Registration but to upgrade. Is this section somehow related?

2. This just came up. Is it possible for the number of plan sharings to set it against a cb_field, so a user to be able to increase this number but for every added license to calculate a higher discount for the plan? Until now what I have done is to create seperate plans like for instance
Plan-1 user ( 1X10 euro) = Plan costs 10 euro
Plan-3 users (3X10 euro) = Plan costs 30 euro
Plan-10 users (10X10 euro) = Plan costs 100 euro

and for

Plan 1 user = 0% discount
Plan 3 users = 5% discount created with Promotions
Plan 10 users = 10% discount created with Promotions ,etc

In other words rather than having ready made plans with "licenses" to have the user decide on the amount of licences and in an automated way to calculate the value of the final plan.

Thanks

2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #328805 by galanopd

One way to workaround this might be to use dynamic upgrade conditions under the Workflows tab. For the child plans you'd configure the following.

Subscriptions upgrades workflows
Dynamic Conditions (with Javascript animations): These conditions must be met to show this plan dynamically as upgrade:
None of the following plans can also be selected: P2 and P3

I searched a bit more and the above doesn't work (unless I do something wrong), as it hides the P2 plan totally. If there is no workaround to this then it is kind of a "serious" issue for me because once any of the P1 child plans is selected (in my case the P1C2 as the P1C1 is already subscribed) and then user selects e.g. P2C2, he is not given the option to unselect P1C2 or P2C2. So he will end up having both subscriptions? Any thoughts?

2 years 2 weeks ago #328807 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Changing parent plant

1. When I click on "Dynamic Conditions on other plans to show this plan and to allow upgrading to it" the sections that opens is labeled "Conditions on other plans to show this plan at registration". In my case, this is not related to Registration but to upgrade. Is this section somehow related?

There's dynamic conditions for registrations and upgrades. You'd need to use upgrade dynamic conditions. Both are configured under the Workflows tab.

2. This just came up. Is it possible for the number of plan sharings to set it against a cb_field, so a user to be able to increase this number but for every added license to calculate a higher discount for the plan? Until now what I have done is to create seperate plans like for instance

For CBSubs Family Plans? Yes, it can pull its value from a field for its share limit. Simply set "Limit" to your field under Integrations > Family Plans. This ideally should just be an integer field so you can easily increment it using CBSubs Fields or CB Auto Actions. I suppose you could then also use that field in a promotion to decrease the price based off the value of that field as well.

I searched a bit more and the above doesn't work (unless I do something wrong), as it hides the P2 plan totally. If there is no workaround to this then it is kind of a "serious" issue for me because once any of the P1 child plans is selected (in my case the P1C2 as the P1C1 is already subscribed) and then user selects e.g. P2C2, he is not given the option to unselect P1C2 or P2C2. So he will end up having both subscriptions? Any thoughts?

As explained earlier I don't have a real solution for you. It's a bandaid workaround. They could clear the selection by refreshing the page. Have added a bug ticket to look into this as it feels like a bug to me. P1C1 should unselect when selecting P2, but seams the jQuery just isn't covering that case.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8886

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

2 years 2 weeks ago #328811 by galanopd

For CBSubs Family Plans? Yes, it can pull its value from a field for its share limit. Simply set "Limit" to your field under Integrations > Family Plans. This ideally should just be an integer field so you can easily increment it using CBSubs Fields or CB Auto Actions. I suppose you could then also use that field in a promotion to decrease the price based off the value of that field as well.

Concerning promotion discount is understood, thanks. What I am having a difficulty to understand though is how to make the plan increase it's price based on the increase of licenses. In other words the more licenses, the higher the price and the higher the discount.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn