PayPal IPN failures

1 year 9 months ago #329639 by Thelowlandpiper
PayPal IPN failures was created by Thelowlandpiper
Joomla: 3.10.9:
CB: 2.7.2+build.2022.05.09.18.01.50.cff9cffac
CBSubs: 4.6.1+build.2022.06.03.14.08.37.a49c0d0a7
subscription payments dated after 5/6/22 have failed to be processed.
Paypal sends email notification of Payment received;
The Notifications table shows repeated records marked 'Verified' for the same basket, but the Payment Basket table does not show these payments.
On the morning of 6/6/22 Paypal sent an email with the following info:

lbps.net/j3site/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpgacctno=1&cbpbasket=771&do=gw&result=notify&cbpid=cbp629c8c0dc8ecc745437622&format=raw

plus another 9 similar items for other baskets. (772-781)

by 7/6/22 three of these baskets appeared in the Payment Basket table but this morning I received another email from Paypal with the same info - including the three items that seem to have been fully processed.

Nothing has changed in the configuration since the previous successful payment processing on 27/5/22, but these failing payments followed a 'mass expiry' of 58 long-term annual subscriptions that had been paid by bank standing order, not Paypal; they had been handled manually up till this year, but this was not done this year - hence the mass expiries. Subsequently, (6/6/22) 10 members paid via paypal, but only three of these were successfully processed.

This morning I received another email from Paypal which listed the same 10 also included a further renewal payment (basket 408) that was unrelated to these 'expired' subscriptions.

Now Paypal is warning that 'If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account. '

File Attachment:

File Name: paypalnoti...ions.txt
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #329642 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal IPN failures
PayPal Standard, Advanced, or Pro? Sounds like something may not be configured properly in your PayPal payment gateway. Within CBSubs > Notifications you should see the failing notifications. Check what they say happened as IPN rejection states are logged there. If they're not there check within CBSubs > History Log to see if there were any errors thrown.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #329651 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic PayPal IPN failures
Using Standard PayPal; the system seemed to work fine until 5/6/2022 (at least it worked on 27-05, the most recent before then); I've looked at the notifications and can make little of them; I've attached screengrabs of; a subscription that has bee renewed. log type PDT - SUCCESS bskt 776; a subscription that has not been renewed: log type IPN Basket non-existant; a subscription that has not been renewed; log type:IPN Basket non-existant 2 pages of alternate subcr-paymant and subcriber-signup All these payments were notified by email from Paypal on 05/06

1 year 9 months ago #329652 by Thelowlandpiper
sorry - I didn't realise the attachments would be visible in the message; I've removed them; basically the unsuccessful payments showed notifications of IPN basket non-existant ;verified /the paypal website is currently showing a '503 Service Temporarily Unavailable' message so I'm unable to confirm the IPN/PDT settings settings, but these won't have changed since the last successful payment on 27/05

1 year 9 months ago #329659 by Thelowlandpiper
This morning 's email from Paypal shows a different list; the earliest 5 of the previous list have been dropped and 1 new one added; from which it appears that Paypal is taking a long while to process these payments; however, 5 of the 7 baskets on the latest list appear in the Payment Baskets table, and are properly recorded in the subscribers record.

In the process of investigating I note that after 16/05 notifications stop including a 'PDT SUCCESS' item, although they are processed and appear in the Payment Baskets table and in the subscriber's record.
On 05/06 notifications start to appear multiple (15-30) times for the same basket, with no 'VERIFICATION' entry until a 'IPN Basket non-existant' LogType' appears. The first 8 of these baskets appeared on PayPal's first email list but not on the latest.

the three most recent baskets appear several (around 15) times, finishing with a 'IPN VERIFIED' entry; these appear in the Payment baskets table and in the subscriber's record, as do two others on this list which are recurring payment baskets recently updated; all 5 appear on PayPal's latest emailed list.

1 year 9 months ago #329662 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal IPN failures
Please PM backend super user login credentials (link in my forum signature) and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 2.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn