PayPal IPN failures

1 year 10 months ago #329668 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic PayPal IPN failures
Done

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #329671 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal IPN failures
The baskets for some of these users don't exist anymore. Something must have deleted them. Checking basket 777 which is one of your most recent failed IPNs in CBSubs > History Log it is noted as "Basket timeout". Looks like the user went to subscribe, but waited so long the basket timed out. The default timeout is 3 hours. Seams strange for them to delay paying for so long that it times out. You can fix this by setting "Hours for payment basket to timeout in front-end" to 24 in CBSubs > Settings > Display > Baskets. This will make it so it times out in 24 hours instead of 3.

Baskets 774, 773, etc.. are all the same. They timed out.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 10 months ago #329673 by Thelowlandpiper
Thanks for that - I had noticed the timed-out log entries but couldn't understand how that related to those items/baskets that appear in Paypal's emailed list of failures, and the fact that some of those on the list had been successfully handled (779, 789, 781, 408, 596).
However, this morning's email from Paypal has only the last two of these items, so presumably the problem is working its way out.
I am left wondering whether this was the result of a considerable number of members trying to renew their subscription at more or less the same time; a result of bank S/O payments that should have been manually updated but were not - hence expiry warning notifications being automatically sent out at the same time.

1 year 10 months ago #329677 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal IPN failures
It's typically best to be sure your plans have a grace period of at least 3 days, sometimes more, to allow for delays in payment processing and notifications. This will prevent a premature expiration. You can configure this under the Price tab of your plans. This can help with issues like site being overloaded due to traffic or payments just taking longer than usual for PayPal to process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 10 months ago #329682 by Thelowlandpiper
Aye, I have 30 days 'grace' on all my plans The trouble is that these S/O s were all due for payment at the same time ( a hangover from the days before we put subscriptions on line... thanks for your help I'll mark this as closed (fingers crossed)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn