I am facing the following,

The plan structure is set to exclusive and is as follows

-P1 (lifetime)
--P1C1 (lifetime)
--P1C2

-P2 (lifetime)
--P2C1 (set to 5 minutes for testing)
--P2C2

1. User subscribes to P1C1 (also P1 since mandatory).
2. User can upgrade to P2C1 (also P2 since mandatory)
3. After 5 minutes P2C1 expires and user is given the option to reactivate his subscription.
4. User decides not to reactivate his subscription but to unsubscribe from P2 also.
5. User falls back to P1 & P1C1 plans.

So far so good. Now in this stage

6. Although user is able to see P2 as an optional upgrade, when he clicks on it, no child plans (P2C1 & P2C2) are visible and user can't upgrade again in order to reactivate P2C1 or choose P2C2 since subscribing only to P2 is not allowed as either P2C1 or P2C2 are mandatory due to exclusivity.

P2C1 and P2C2 have no upgrade conditions and "Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans" is set to Yes

Now, if I go manually to user from backend and delete his subscriptions P2 and P2C1, then he is able to upgrade.

Any idea how to overcome this and allow user to re-upgrade?

EDIT: I have noticed that if I unsubscribe from P1C1 and P1, then I am given the option to subscribe again to P2 and from there choose to renew the P2C1 subscription. So the question remains, why I could upgrade to P2 and P2C1 in the first place and after I did and P2C1 expired and fell back to P1 and P1C1 I could no longer re-subscribe to P2 and P2C1 but only when I unsubscribe from P1 and P1C1?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #329864 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re-upgrade issue
Does P2C1 and P2C2 allow renewals? If not that could possibly be blocking the resubscribe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago #329868 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Re-upgrade issue

Does P2C1 and P2C2 allow renewals? If not that could possibly be blocking the resubscribe.

If I understand your question well it is stated in " 3. After 5 minutes P2C1 expires and user is given the option to reactivate his subscription.".
My settings for P2C1 are:

Attachments:

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #329869 by krileon
Based off your edit above it's working as intended. Upgrades can combine purchases. So for example you can upgrade into 2-3 plans all at once. You can't do this with resubscribes (renewals). So for it to work you've to completely be unsubscribed from anything that would conflict with it. In your case they must be unsubscribed from their P1 plans completely before they can renew P2.

What exactly is the goal of these child plans? Sometimes things can be better organized. Especially now that CBSubs Options exists allowing you to add extra options to a single plan. You maybe able to get rid of needing child plans entirely using it. Details about its features can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18983-cbsubs-options

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #329871 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Re-upgrade issue
So since it works as intended and in order for me to better understand it, I can conclude the following.
1. In order to upgrade from P1C1 to P2C1 you dont need to unsubscribe from P1 and P1C1 first.
2. In order to re-subscribe to P2C1 you need to unsubscribe from P1 and P1C1 first.

Are the above correct?

What exactly is the goal of these child plans? Sometimes things can be better organized. Especially now that CBSubs Options exists allowing you to add extra options to a single plan. You maybe able to get rid of needing child plans entirely using it. Details about its features can be found below.

Each parent plan refers to a different level of subscription (Basic, Level1, Level2, etc) and all child plans of each level refer to different types of subscription (Individual, Business, etc). I will go through the plan options more carefully but at a quick look I had, I am not sure if these options could add in my case.

1 year 9 months ago #329878 by krileon

Are the above correct?

Correct.

Each parent plan refers to a different level of subscription (Basic, Level1, Level2, etc) and all child plans of each level refer to different types of subscription (Individual, Business, etc). I will go through the plan options more carefully but at a quick look I had, I am not sure if these options could add in my case.

Plan Options allows you to have additional pricing options and price/durations for a single plan. The main issue would be if P1C1 and P1C2 for example provide different access to things, but some of those can be solved with the plan option substitutions depending on the integration that's needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds