[SOLVED]subscription start date, validity duration

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #201874 by erilam
Hello,

I have to set a plan for one year and I meet a problem : the subscription plan must be from 03/31 to 03/30 so I set Regular Validity duration to "this calendar year" and Start date of calendar year to 03-31.

My problem is that in the website of my customer subscriber can subscribe all time during the year but if the subscription is 120€ for a year, but a subscriber who wants to subscribe in january must pay 120+(120/12*3) = 150€ (his subcription is for one year and 3 months), in february 140€ (subcription is for one year and 2 months)and in mars 130€ (subcription is for one year and 1 month) .

Is there a way to set it with cbsubs ?

Thx by advance for answers.

Eric Lamy (erix)
www.agerix.fr/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #202042 by beat
Not sure to understand the exact use case completely:

a - If the person subscribes on March 2nd of a year, how many months (amount) should he pay ?
b - If the person subscribes on March 29th of a year, how many months (amount) should he pay ?
c - If the person subscribes on March 30th of a year, how many months (amount) should he pay ?
d - If the person subscribes on April 1st of a year, how many months (amount) should he pay ?
e - If the person subscribes on April 2nd of a year, how many months (amount) should he pay ?
f - If the person subscribes on April 30th of a year, how many months (amount) should he pay ?
g - If the person subscribes on May 2nd of a year, how many months (amount) should he pay ?
h - If the person subscribes in January, it's 150€, independantly if it's January 1st or 29th ?

- Is there a cut-off date where they do not have to pay for the "bonus" months they get before the next year to subscribe ? e.g. from January to March they need to pay more months, and then from March to December they pay full price of the subscribed to year ?

Last question: Are these cases remainings of manual workflows, where it made sense, or is it still a spec for automated online payments ?

How should we call that feature, it looks like "non-free" "bonus months", but with a "monthly period" pro-rating ?

I need to understand the above before seeing if there is a way to setup the above with CBSubs 2.0.1.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #202059 by erilam
Hello,

beat wrote: Not sure to understand the exact use case completely:

a - If the person subscribes on March 2nd of a year, how many months (amount) should he pay ?

beat wrote: b - If the person subscribes on March 29th of a year, how many months (amount) should he pay ?

beat wrote: c - If the person subscribes on March 30th of a year, how many months (amount) should he pay ?

beat wrote: d - If the person subscribes on April 1st of a year, how many months (amount) should he pay ?

beat wrote: e - If the person subscribes on April 2nd of a year, how many months (amount) should he pay ?

beat wrote: f - If the person subscribes on April 30th of a year, how many months (amount) should he pay ?

beat wrote: g - If the person subscribes on May 2nd of a year, how many months (amount) should he pay ?

beat wrote: h - If the person subscribes in January, it's 150€, independantly if it's January 1st or 29th ?

that's right. I put below a list of use case which, I hope for it, will light better the problem

- for first subscription, in proportion to the staying month number before 31/3/2013:
  • Subscription between 1/4/2012 and 30/4/2012 for 12 months : 120 €
  • Subscription between 1/5/2012 and 31/5/2012 for 11 months : 110 €
  • Subscription between 1/6/2012 and 30/6/2012 for 10 months : 100 €
  • Subscription between 1/7/2012 and 31/7/2012 for 9 months : 90 €
  • Subscription between 1/8/2012 and 31/8/2012 for 8 months : 80 €
  • Subscription between 1/9/2012 and 30/9/2012 for 7 months : 70 €
  • Subscription between 1/10/2012 and 31/10/2012 for 6 months : 60 €
  • Subscription between 1/11/2012 and 30/11/2012 for 5 months : 50 €
  • Subscription between 1/12/2012 and 31/12/2012 for 4 months : 40 €
  • Subscription between 1/1/2013 and 31/1/2013 for 15 months (adhésion jusqu’au 31/03/2014) : 150 €
  • Subscription between 1/2/2013 and 28/2/2013 for 14 months (adhésion jusqu’au 31/03/2014) : 140 €
  • Subscription between 1/3/2013 and 31/3/2013 for 13 months (adhésion jusqu’au 31/03/2014) : 130 €
  • Subscription between 1/4/2013 and 30/4/2013 for 12 months : 120 €
- for renawals : 120 € for a year (renewal possible only two weeks before cut-off date)

beat wrote: - Is there a cut-off date where they do not have to pay for the "bonus" months they get before the next year to subscribe ? e.g. from January to March they need to pay more months, and then from March to December they pay full price of the subscribed to year ?

From january to march they need do pay as I wrote before and then from march to december as in the list I wrote

beat wrote: Last question: Are these cases remainings of manual workflows, where it made sense, or is it still a spec for automated online payments ?

My customer said that they put this workflow because they had people who subscribe in february and didn't renanwal in april, so they could take reserved content on the website for only 10 or 20 euros. The others has payed for a year, it wasn't normal.

beat wrote: How should we call that feature, it looks like "non-free" "bonus months", but with a "monthly period" pro-rating ?

Hmm I'm not the best one to invent name, may be first we can see if my question is a good question and after we'll wonder on how to call it ;)

beat wrote: I need to understand the above before seeing if there is a way to setup the above with CBSubs 2.0.1.

Hope it will be more clear now, ask me if not.

Eric Lamy (erix)
www.agerix.fr/

11 years 10 months ago #202062 by beat
Monthly pro-rating of a yearly plan is possible in CBSubs 2.0.1 (your use-case April-December), using the Promotions plugin.

To quickly reply on the rest:
I *believe* that setting a 3-months bonus period to the plan (that adds the 3 extra months for end-of-yearly-period subscriptions) + adding a second promotion with negative discount, specific conditions to apply it relative to the date and type of payment, and monthly prorating too, could do the trick for the January-March period.

I didn't try to setup that use-case myself, but it's something you can try to do, studying the promotions chapter of doc and all "i" online helps should show how to set accordingly the 2 promotions needed to accomplish this.

Please let us know if you could make the exact settings as outlined above.

If you need help in configuring this, we would need to setup a test-site and use-case for that.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

11 years 10 months ago #202063 by erilam
Ok I'll first try to set it by myself as you explain and make a retrun here to say if it's good and if I didn't succeed I will ask for ambulance ;)

thx Beat

Eric Lamy (erix)
www.agerix.fr/

11 years 10 months ago #202742 by erilam
Hi,

Sorry for delay but I was really busy on another project :(

beat wrote: Monthly pro-rating of a yearly plan is possible in CBSubs 2.0.1 (your use-case April-December), using the Promotions plugin.

To quickly reply on the rest:
I *believe* that setting a 3-months bonus period to the plan (that adds the 3 extra months for end-of-yearly-period subscriptions) + adding a second promotion with negative discount, specific conditions to apply it relative to the date and type of payment, and monthly prorating too, could do the trick for the January-March period.

I take a long time to try to understzand how to set your solution but I did'nt find how to make it.

beat wrote: I didn't try to setup that use-case myself, but it's something you can try to do, studying the promotions chapter of doc and all "i" online helps should show how to set accordingly the 2 promotions needed to accomplish this.

Please let us know if you could make the exact settings as outlined above.

If you need help in configuring this, we would need to setup a test-site and use-case for that.

Well I'm obliged to said that I need your help to do that. If you are always ok I can give you an access to a test-site and to see how you make it.

Eric Lamy (erix)
www.agerix.fr/

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn