[#3630] Renewal Year = Last Year

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #206969 by Godzilla Blitz
[#3630] Renewal Year = Last Year was created by Godzilla Blitz
I apologize if this is some easy setting I'm missing, but we're running into the following problem with CBSubs and a search of the forums here didn't turn up an answer.

Running CB Subs 2.02.

We have two membership plans, both of which are currently set to "calendar year," beginning on January 1. We have some inactive members whose memberships expired at the end of 2010. When they go to renew now, in 2012, they are shown the option:

Year 2010 Expired 12/31/2010
Reactivate: Year 2011 for USD 50.00

We currently have the renewals set to "renewal starts at expiration date or payment date, whichever happens last," so I assume when they pay that their subscription will cover them for 2012. However, the problem is that when they see the renewal information for 2011 they don't want to pay, as they think that they're going to be charged for last year.

I'm wondering, how can I fix this so that the reactivation shows for 2012 for the people whose subscriptions expired at the end of 2010?

EDIT: I can confirm that the renewals are working properly for people regardless of the stated renewal plan. So when a member gets a message for 2011 renewal, then renews, their subscription is renewing for 2012. So the renewal is working properly, except for the message to renew for 2011 instead of renew for 2012.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #207013 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Renewal Year = Last Year
Created bug ticket #3630 for further investigation. Looks like the date it's using the calculate the next renewal year (display only) is wrong. Ideally it should use current year if the expired date is less than the current year; otherwise use the calculated from expired date (so renewal in advance displays fine).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #207016 by Godzilla Blitz
Replied by Godzilla Blitz on topic Re: Renewal Year = Last Year
Yes, that's what we think too. :) Thanks for the info and reply, and I'm glad to know that it wasn't something we did wrong.

I'm going to manually update their expiration dates to 2011 for the time being, but I'll keep an eye out for a future patch that addresses it.

Thanks!

11 years 3 months ago #216263 by ckinberg
Replied by ckinberg on topic Re: [#3630] Renewal Year = Last Year
I've encountered a similar situation. A portion of our Membership list that we imported that are due to expire the end of this year are showing the renew Button of Renew Now: Year 2012 instead of 2013.

Once they renew everything seems to be working and match up, in the meantime, until we've gotten everyone to renew is there any way to make the button reflect the proper year?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Attachments:

11 years 3 months ago #216314 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: [#3630] Renewal Year = Last Year
I believe this is due to timezone offset being applied (known issue). Set the site global timezone and the users timezone (if you allow them to change from default) to UTC and confirm if it then displays fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #216324 by ckinberg
Replied by ckinberg on topic Re: [#3630] Renewal Year = Last Year
That fixed the issue. The expiration date is now readying Jan 1st, but I can live with that.

Appreciate the help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn