[#3630] Renewal Year = Last Year

9 years 7 months ago #248658 by mmccormick
Replied by mmccormick on topic [#3630] Renewal Year = Last Year
I see that several people have similar issue I was about to post about. I do not see a solid solution, so would appreciate someone taking a look at this again.

I am doing an upgrade/migration from J 1.5.6 / CBSubs 1.2.2 to J 3.3.3 and to CB 1.9.1/ CBSubs 3 GPL.

This is a site for an association, and we have calendar year expirations (set to 0101 with 7-day grace period before actual expiry). Over the years (we have had CBSubs in place since 2009) we have had members who did not renew.

In reviewing the database before trying to export subscriptions I found some anomalies and discovered the following:

Members who did not renew over a year in the past will have a reactivate message that prompts them to renew for a year that is long past. The year is "frozen in time" at the next Calendar Year they should have renewed for.
  • Example: A Member whose subscription expired with 2009 would still today (in 2014) see a prompt to "Reactivate 2010 for $125."
  • Another Example: Member whose subscription expired with 2011 would still today (in 2014) see a prompt to "Reactivate 2012 for $125."

Questions:
  • Is this still an issue for GPL 3.0? As I set the plans up anew I want to avoid this problem.
  • What is the workaround to edit the string so that it displays "Renew for next Calendar Year" (to be safe, I think I would go with that)
  • Can CBSSubs purge these records that have "expired" from the subscriptions database when someone does not renew after the Grace Period? Should they be -- perhaps after a year? Or do I need to do that manually?
  • As I understand it, when I import the aubscribers I would lose these expired records anyway -- correct?

The date does appear correctly current WITHIN the calendar year (before expiry) -- so my 2014 members do currently see "Reactivate for 2015 at $100." The year does not update correctly however, so that anyone who not renewing by 12/31/14 right now still shows "Reactivate for 2014." It is just the older subscribers that are frozen in the year they did not renew.

thanks, MMc
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #249458 by ckinberg
Replied by ckinberg on topic [#3630] Renewal Year = Last Year
Running into the issue of expired accounts not showing the current year as well. Renewing activates the account for the current year, so that is operating correctly it just incorrectly displays the renewal year as the year after their account expired, not the current year.

This however leads into another issue for me. If an inactivate account resubscribes, we'd like to allow the Bonus time option to kick in so that if an old account resubscribes after September their account is renewed through the end of the next calendar year.

We have the bonus time set for 4 months and the Manual renewal option set to: Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date - whichever happens last (allows free gap). This works for new subscribers, but not for expired accounts.

Is there a setting to allow reactivated accounts the bonus time overlap? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks much.

9 years 2 months ago #258770 by nbora
Replied by nbora on topic [#3630] Renewal Year = Last Year
I am having the same issue for past 3 years without resolution. Have you figure it out? I was going to subscribe again to CB subs but after not have a solution to this issue for so long I am about to give up and get some other membership software.

9 years 2 months ago #258779 by beat
Replied by beat on topic [#3630] Renewal Year = Last Year
This issue will be fixed in upcoming CBSubs 4.0 stable (and most probably in a next nightly), as I have just finished rewriting completely the calendar-dates calculations in CBSubs, and that will fix the annoying calendar-dates bugs. I will soon reply in this thread when a nightly containing the new calendar-dates logic is up.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

8 years 6 months ago #271253 by nbora
Replied by nbora on topic [#3630] Renewal Year = Last Year
I have version 4.01 and this issue is still happening. User skips membership for one year and cannot may for current year unless they reactivate previous year.

8 years 6 months ago #271261 by beat
Replied by beat on topic [#3630] Renewal Year = Last Year

nbora wrote: I have version 4.01 and this issue is still happening. User skips membership for one year and cannot may for current year unless they reactivate previous year.

Hi nbora,

Then I believe that you have a different issue than the bug that was discussed here, probably a settings one.

Re-Check the plan's settings. E.g. in Pricing tab, the setting "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows". There you can influence the way CBSubs handles gaps in subscriptions.

If issue persists, please open a new thread (with a link to this post), so that we can optimally support you (and possibly add a link to your new thread on this old thread).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.496 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn