How does CBSubs determine which language to use for automated mails

11 years 2 weeks ago #224429 by boyjahq
In the case of a multilanguage site, how does CBSubs determine which language file to use when it sends automated mail (such as account expiration notice) to a specific customer? Is there a database field somewhere to which it refers? It seems that there are times when the wrong language text is being sent to some users.

We are using CBSubs 3.0, CB 1.9 and Joomla 2.5.9. We have 2 languages: en-GB and ja-JP

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 weeks ago #224481 by krileon
It will always use the sites default language (Mass Mailer for example will always use the language of the admin sending the email). We'll be fixing this with a later release as ideally it should use the language of the user the email is being sent to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 weeks ago #224518 by boyjahq
Thank you for your reply. We are extremely disappointed to learn that CBSubs, in which we have invested extraordinary amounts of time and resources, does not have true multi language capabilities at this time. Might I suggest that this is information which should be prominently displayed on pages that describe the features and attributes of CBSubs, as for those operating multi language sites it is a critical piece of information. For example, under CBSubs Features and Benefits where it says "Have a global business? no problem, CBSubs is language ready and translatable", a link or footnote explaining where it is and where it is not truly language ready would seem good practice.

Until such time as fully functioning multi language capability is provided across all aspects of the CBSubs system, do you have suggestions about how to work around this issue? How would Joomlapolis deal with this issue itself if your site were multilanguage? Or are you aware of how others work around this?

11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #224596 by krileon
It's a bug we were only recently made aware of. It's a bug in CBs own notification library and not really in CBSubs so is something that needs to be fixed in CB. It's not our intention to not be fully multilingual and having to adjust feature lists every time there is a bug found just isn't feasible.

The problem is it's not using the language of the recipient and is instead using the language of the user triggering the email (if no user triggering it then it uses the sites default language). I apologize for the inconvenience, but we're doing the best we can to work through issues in a timely fashion.

As a workaround you can send the email with the body in English only and have the enduser translate or send the body text in multiple languages separating them with linebreaks.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 10 months ago #266030 by boyjahq
Has this issue been addressed in the newest versions of CB and CBSubs?

8 years 4 months ago #273870 by boyjahq
Any chance this will be addressed in a near term release? Everything seems to be in place to make this happen...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn