EU VAT Law 2015 - Please help - How to do ?

9 years 2 months ago #257343 by beat

cavo789 wrote: Hi Beat, hello Nick,

I confirm the resolution of the regression : now, the VAT is applied even when the user doesn't change his billing address. I've made a few tests and each time, the VAT has been calculated. Very good news; thank you for the work.

For the rate : I've adjust the country to France, Greece, Spain, Italy or Germany in my billing address screen and the rate still remains at 20% (the default one that I've hardcode in my tax rule).

I'll take a look in my Joomla CBSubs backend if there is something to adjust there because, right now, the rate isn't adjusted based on the customer's country.

[edit]I've just configured my CBSubs backend with a VAT rule with VIES check including the customer introduced VAT number (in the billing address screen) and my own VAT number (in the "Seller EU Tax id" field of CBSubs Tax screen). Now I'm *just* missing how to determine the correct rate based on the client's country but enough for tonight[/edit]

Thanks

Hi cavo789,

Thanks for the confirmation, great news!

You need to check that php5-geoip package is installed and enabled on your webserver, or that Apache module mod_geoip is installed and enabled on your webserver.

Configure default buyer country to e.g. Spain, then try registering from France, and if the country displayed is not France, most probably none of those packages is installed on your webserver. Your hoster can do that for you.

I will add installation tests and green/red marks for that in one of the next nightlies.

Regarding country-dependent tax-rates, chapter 7.16 page 422++ of the CBSubs GPL 3.0 user manual might help with the concepts and settings. Nick will also be preparing a tutorial on setting EU VAT rates in CBSubs soon.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #257344 by beat
BTW: Breaking news of today regarding #EUVAT2015: euvataction.org/2015/01/20/donato-raponi-is-now-listening-this-is-your-chance-to-make-your-voice-heard/

Anyone affected by EUVAT2015 should leave a comment with their story in the comments on that new article, as those will be directly reportd to EU Commission within next 10 days, and also take the urgent actions. Donato Raponi is starting to understand the burden for small companies (defined by EU as having less than 2M€ turnover), so it affects potentially millions of businesses worldwide. Could be a bigger effect on business growth (or stop of decline) than EU's rumored "Quantitative Easening" QE scheduled for this Thursday LOL!

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn