where to restrict access to specific folders

8 years 7 months ago #269641 by shawneo
Hi I haven't worked with cbsubs in a while and I have forgotten a bit.

I am in CBSubs 2.0 and made a new subscription plan. Now Im looking for the area where I allow all users subscribed to this particular plan the ability to access a certain folder in my /images/example1

folder.

So basically Im trying to protect certain media in subfolders of my /images folder and only give the users in my subscription plan access to those folders.

Is there a way to protect specific folders in cbsubs?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #269648 by nant

shawneo wrote: Hi I haven't worked with cbsubs in a while and I have forgotten a bit.

I am in CBSubs 2.0 and made a new subscription plan. Now Im looking for the area where I allow all users subscribed to this particular plan the ability to access a certain folder in my /images/example1

folder.

So basically Im trying to protect certain media in subfolders of my /images folder and only give the users in my subscription plan access to those folders.

Is there a way to protect specific folders in cbsubs?

Thanks

CBSubs folder protection plugin needs to be installed and published - but only works on linux/apache environments.

Check your documentation (btw - you need to upgrade to CBSubs GPL).

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #269783 by shawneo
Replied by shawneo on topic where to restrict access to specific folders
okay so i see the folder access integration.

here is the case:

I am trying to restrict access here:

canlearnenglish.com/images/Packages/Paid/BeginnerPhrases/

so in folder access path I put: images/Packages/Paid/BeginnerPhrases/
and tested it out using the Joomla root optino and the Absolute root option. Both of which do nothing to protect it. I think I am missing something.

I was hoping that I could only allow users with the Beiginner Phrases plan to access this file using folder protection integration:
/images/Packages/Paid/BeginnerPhrases/

please let me know where I am in error.

If that folder is corrected protected no one here should be able to access this link:
canlearnenglish.com/images/Packages/Paid/BeginnerPhrases/welcome_mandarin.mp4

as a note it says underneath my folder path:

WARNING
Folder access is for advanced users who are capable of using and understand htaccess and htpasswd. Administrators are not granted automatic access, you will need to manually add these users to the htpasswd file.
Status (relative)
/home/gtmlive6/public_html/canlearnenglish.com/ exists and is writable.

perhaps this helps...do i need to make the permission in my cpanel not readable or writeable?

Kind Regards,
Shawn

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn