Upgrading CB & CBsubs

8 years 6 months ago #271010 by cegarrett
Upgrading CB & CBsubs was created by cegarrett
I'm looking for a tutorial for upgrading CB from 1.9.1 to 2.0.11(latest) and CBSubs From 3.0 to 4.0.1

The ONLY instructions I can find are from 6 months ago and found here: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/256-cbsubs-support/228704-upgrading-cbsubs

Is this still the recommended path or is there a tutorial somewhere that I haven't found.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #271012 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Upgrading CB & CBsubs

cegarrett wrote: I'm looking for a tutorial for upgrading CB from 1.9.1 to 2.0.11(latest) and CBSubs From 3.0 to 4.0.1

The ONLY instructions I can find are from 6 months ago and found here: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/256-cbsubs-support/228704-upgrading-cbsubs

Is this still the recommended path or is there a tutorial somewhere that I haven't found.

I did do a video tutorial about this - see #30 of this playlist:

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7PuyzPsMUECDI46VE7IFSAX

Recommended steps:

1. BACKUP your website (bast actually is to first clone it and try process on clonned site)
2. Identify all CB 1.9.1 plugins you have and have CB 2.0 compatible ones available (example have CBSubs 4.0.1 GPL ready as CBSubs 3.0 is not supported on CB 2.0+).
3. Unpublish any Joomla plugins that may be referencing old CB features (example K2, CBSubs bot, etc.)
4. Install CB 2.0.11 over your existing install
5. Update all CB plugins with new ones (including CBSubs)

Check video also - hopefully nothing will go wrong - if something does post here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn