Integration of CBsubs and Idev Affiliate

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281192 by shawneo
I believe it would be helpful to make a thorough integration guide for idev affiliate and cbsubs. Idev can be one of the most important addons to motivate your clients to share your website, and definitely one of the most expensive. However, the integration is not easy. As of right now I do not know clearly how to integrate registration and login of my cbsubs users.

1)What I think is a reasonable integration. New user registration. Users get automatically registered to the idevaffiliate program upon cbsubs registration. Cbsubs passes all registration info to idev and a new user is created.

2) anytime a user logs on to your cbsubs powered website, they are automatically logged into their idevaffiliate account, so the login must be integrated.

recap, integration of registration and logins. That is what i consider a helpful integration of two powerful components.

If you have ideas on how to do this using CB auto actions. with real code useage and examples then please let the community know.

Here is the only link that I have found on the subject

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/228939-solved-auto-actions-insert-in-external-db-solved#260785

and it hasn't been helpful to me as it is not clear enough for me to know how to implement it correctly. I tried this and it didn't seem to work for me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #281193 by shawneo
Replied by shawneo on topic Integration of CBsubs and Idev Affiliate
also, if anyone thinks they can do it and wants to use my website and idev affilate to run tests with. then i am all for it. my site is in alpha / beta stage and i would let someone work on my auto actions part of my site and my idev aff part. so just let me know if you familiar and want to try to integrate the two. If you are successful I can easily make a screenshot tutorial.

Regards,
Shawn

7 years 10 months ago #282019 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Integration of CBsubs and Idev Affiliate
It's certainly doable with CB Auto Actions, but the best way would be through iDevAffiliate API (if they provide such an API) in a Code action or if it's just HTTP calls you could use the Request action.

Aside from that I can't specifically help you utilize their API or database structure as I'm not familiar enough to provide any simple examples. You may want to contact iDevAffiliate on where to locate their APIs to do this or for some possible instruction regarding the DB query.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn