Posting elsewhere?

17 years 11 months ago #12793 by ainsleyclark
Posting elsewhere? was created by ainsleyclark
Hello, I have a few questions for the use of CB.
First of, i have specific users where they can post new blogs (mamblog)
but when they do it transfers to the homepage
This is good but I want it to happen in my newsflash not my homepage!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #12890 by andyahoo
Replied by andyahoo on topic Re:Posting elsewhere?
Sounds like your new to Joomla also?

What shows up in the main content area on your homepage is whatever is in the top position in your "main menu" in the backend of Joomla. What ever you want to show up there move it to the top.

The newsflash module has a setting called "category". If you switch this to mamblog it should display your blog posts.

Good luck and check out the www.joomla.org forums. I usually have good luck getting my questions answered over there.

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

17 years 11 months ago #12915 by ainsleyclark
Replied by ainsleyclark on topic Re:Posting elsewhere?
Hey mate

www.djnation.net

So I need to change the catogery and where the catogery appears? Im still a bit vague. And no-one seems to be awsnering my posts
Cheers

AInsley Clark

17 years 11 months ago #12916 by andyahoo
Well I see on your website you have the newsflash module in the upper right hand corner.

In Joomla backend go to your list of site modules and find the newsflash module.

Click on that module. Under parameters the first field is called "category". This lists all your content sections and section categories.

The mamblog by default is called "mamblog/default category". Set it to that, make sure it is set to published and save it.

If your blog posts are still not showing up you need to check what the module position name is where you have the newsflash module, and change the "position" setting to that. This is also located in your "newsflash" module settings.

You can view your module positions in joomla backend by clicking "site" >> preview >> inline with positions.

You might not be getting responces to this question because it is a basic joomla issue, not CB.

Good luck

I hope I understood you correclty

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2006/05/16 19:37

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2006/05/16 19:41

Also like I said before the reason your "news" is showing in the main content area on your homepage is because "news" is set to the top position in your main menu. If you want what shows up when you click on the "home" link to show up when someone first visits your site you need to move "home" to the top.

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2006/05/16 20:00

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2006/05/16 20:02

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

17 years 11 months ago #12931 by ainsleyclark
Replied by ainsleyclark on topic Re:Posting elsewhere?
Comes up with this error when I post a new blog

Warning: showcommentlink(/home/aclark1/public_html/cms/administrator/components/com_akocomment/config.akocomment.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aclark1/public_html/cms/components/com_mamblog/showblogs.php on line 322

Warning: showcommentlink(/home/aclark1/public_html/cms/administrator/components/com_akocomment/config.akocomment.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aclark1/public_html/cms/components/com_mamblog/showblogs.php on line 322

Warning: showcommentlink(): Failed opening '/home/aclark1/public_html/cms/administrator/components/com_akocomment/config.akocomment.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/aclark1/public_html/cms/components/com_mamblog/showblogs.php on line 322

Howe can i fix this :(

17 years 11 months ago #12964 by andyahoo
I'm only guessing because I'm not a coder.

Go to mamblog in joomla backend and check the settings.

There is a setting that is second from last that lets you choose which comment system to use. I had mine set for no comment system and akocoment still works. I then set it to akocomment and it worked again. Weird

Anyway check your mamblog settings. There are no akocomment integration settings within akocomment, so check mamblog settings.

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn