How to get the most out of CB?

17 years 11 months ago #13559 by jaimwa
How to get the most out of CB? was created by jaimwa
Hi

I installed CB a couple of weeks ago and I was wondering who to get the best out of this component. Can someone give me some good uses for it?

Many thanks

Jaim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #13560 by stevebor1
Replied by stevebor1 on topic Re:How to get the most out of CB?
You wont find people going out of their way to tell you how they spent hours learning and figuring out CB.

Spend a little time looking around and reading the forum. Also for newbies it would be best if you kick down 25 euros to joomlapolis and they'll give you a CB document filled with information.

Karma Me Up!
File Attachment:

FITcommunity
Joomla! 1.0.12 - Community Builder 1.0.2 - Joomlaboard 1.1.2
Own Mods Featured Profile Mod
My Real Day Job
File Attachment:

Mobile Wallet and Social Lending, Anywhere!

17 years 11 months ago #13561 by jaimwa
Replied by jaimwa on topic Re:How to get the most out of CB?
Sorry steve

That's how I assumed communities worked i.e. sharing information and helpful tips.

17 years 11 months ago #13569 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:How to get the most out of CB?
Tips yes, but not giving you a full tutorial on the forums, while you can just read it form the documentation.

mikko

17 years 11 months ago #13585 by jaimwa
Replied by jaimwa on topic Re:How to get the most out of CB?
Fair enough but I never asked for a full tutorial!!

I was wondering who to get the best out of this component. Can someone give me some good uses for it?

Just wanted to see what people generally used it for!

I installed it there and have fiddled about with it a fair bit and have read a good bit on the website about it but can't really see the need for it. Having read so many good reports about it and it being number 1 on the joomla extensions chart I just wanted to know what was so good about it.

That's all I wanted.

Sorry for asking for so much.

17 years 11 months ago #13586 by bdkyle
Replied by bdkyle on topic Re:How to get the most out of CB?
Jaim,

As a fellow newbie, although at this point I think I've figured out most of the basics of Joomla/CB, I can confirm that you'll get far more useful replies if you do the following:

1. Show what you've already read on this forum and others.

2. Share anything that you've learned while trying to figure out whatever it is that you need.

3. Ask a direct and specific question.

Asking "How do I get the most out of CB?" is far too vague. Read the manual, search the forums (and others), play around with the system and figure how to "get the most out of it" as best you can for yourself. Then start asking questions. You'll find the community can help you get even more out of it than you thought...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn