User Edit Form - Default Fields Width

17 years 10 months ago #14055 by bdkyle
As a follow up to my post about customizing the registration form , I still would welcome a tip about changing the default width of the fields in the default "Contact Info" tab within "Edit Your Profile". The other fields have the correct width as specified in the field manager or CSS file.

Modifying the default width of the fields in components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php changes the default width of these fields on the registration form, but not on the profile edit page. I tried com_user and com_registration, but modifying the default width of fields specified in those files didn't seem to change it.

It must be something obvious that I'm just overlooking. Any tips? Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #14585 by bdkyle
Replied by bdkyle on topic Re:User Edit Form - Default Fields Width
I still would welcome any hints on how to change the default width of the fields in the default "Contact Info" tab within "Edit Your Profile". Anyone else customized these fields?

17 years 9 months ago #14608 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:User Edit Form - Default Fields Width
i guess these widths are hardcoded in php in comprofiler_html.php for registration and cb.core.php plugin for edit. No user-parameter.

nice feature-request for logging into feature-request tracker to have a global setting for default field width ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 9 months ago #14653 by bdkyle
Replied by bdkyle on topic Re:User Edit Form - Default Fields Width
Hi Beat,

Thank you very much for the tip. That did the trick. :)

I found the components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php file for changing the registration page, but not the other one.

For others reading this later, the exact location of the cb.core.php file is components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php.

Like the registration fields, the default width is "40" so searching for that will save you time.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn