Problem with CB Registration

16 years 11 months ago #35185 by malschauen
Problem with CB Registration was created by malschauen
Hello everyone,

at first sorry for my stupid english but i have a big problem on the site with the Registration... The Registration is not possible then it came the error messages "please enter your name" what can i make... where is the error??

please help me...

thx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #35204 by malschauen
Replied by malschauen on topic Re:Problem with CB Registration
no idea??

15 years 7 months ago #71037 by gaelle_v
Replied by gaelle_v on topic Re:Problem with CB Registration
Hi malschauen,

I'm a newby too :blush: and I got exactly the same problem on eadm.eu/index.php . Did you ever solve your problem or does anyone know how to sort this out?

Thanks in advance,

Gaëlle

15 years 7 months ago #71053 by gaelle_v
OK I found the solution: The problem came from the Name Style field in the General tab of the com_profiler Configuration file. The error occurs when the field is set to "First and Last Name field"; I reverted to "Single Name Field" and now it works...

I would prefer to capture First name and Last name separately so that users are greeted with a "Hi [First Name] rather than a "Hi [Name]" so if anyone knows how to work this out, I'd still be happy to hear the solution:P

15 years 7 months ago #71066 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Problem with CB Registration
CB login module has a "Hi firstname" choice. Check CB login module params in backend.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 7 months ago #71071 by gaelle_v
Hi Beat,

Thank you for your post. I found the Hi firstname choice, but here's the crunch:
1) to be able to use it I need to set the Name style field in the Configuration file to "First and Last name field", right?
2) But then if I do this, new users cannot register because even though they fill their first name and surname in the registration page, they get an error message saying "Please enter your name" and registration does not proceed... And the only way I found to get rid of this error is to set the Name style field back to "Name" but then, I have to greet users with Hi [Name]... :blink: :cheer:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn