[feature request] 'effective date' field when reactivating members in backend

11 years 3 months ago #217725 by ThePiston
My admins are always telling me to change someone's membership date because they are late getting the info to me. There's no way to do this other than in the database (that I know of).

I suggest a text field next to the 'reactivate' field in the profile CBsubs tab. The text field would be for adding a date for when the reactivation would be effective.

Example: The treasurer gets a check for a member on Dec 1, but does not tell the admin to reactivate the member until Jan 15. The field would allow the admin to reactivate the member with an effective date of Dec 1.

How to implement: Have a checkbox under reactivate that says "Today - checked". If you want to set the date in the past, uncheck the box which reveals a date field. Choose the date and reactivate. It's sets the reactivation to the date you set plus the correct expiration date according to the options set in config.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #217727 by nant

ThePiston wrote: My admins are always telling me to change someone's membership date because they are late getting the info to me. There's no way to do this other than in the database (that I know of).

I suggest a text field next to the 'reactivate' field in the profile CBsubs tab. The text field would be for adding a date for when the reactivation would be effective.

Example: The treasurer gets a check for a member on Dec 1, but does not tell the admin to reactivate the member until Jan 15. The field would allow the admin to reactivate the member with an effective date of Dec 1.

How to implement: Have a checkbox under reactivate that says "Today - checked". If you want to set the date in the past, uncheck the box which reveals a date field. Choose the date and reactivate. It's sets the reactivation to the date you set plus the correct expiration date according to the options set in config.

You can modify someones subscription dates from the backend.
Just find the subscription in the CBSubs Subscription icon area and click on the id link.

I believe this is also discussed in the manual.
You just have to be careful on what you change.

11 years 3 months ago #217740 by ThePiston
good to know. this issue comes up on a daily basis so I still like the idea of the new field to set the effective date. happy new year

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #217974 by aamet
I too would like to see some improvement here. There is another more serious aspect to the issue on my client site:

Client Registers on 20/01/2011
Account Expires on 20/01/2012 because client had cancelled an auto recurring payment
Client has profile manually reactivated on 03/02/2012

Account expires on 03/02/2012 because client had cancelled an auto recurring payment
Client auto reactivates membership via their profile on 14/02/2012

Paypal sets auto payment date to : 14/02/2013
CB Subs sets auto expiry of plan to: 03/02/2013

What actually happens now on 03/02/2013 ? Does the client get their account expired by CBSubs until the paypay auto recurring payment is made on 14/02/2013? Please can you explain this clearly Nant so we know what issues we need to deal with.

Tthe problem here is that, yes, we can now manually adjust the record as NANT said, to match the paypal one, but obviously then the client gets free days (again). Ideally we need synchronisation between CB Subs and PayPal. Any suggestions?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn