Display Subscription History

11 years 2 months ago #219806 by mohsho
Replied by mohsho on topic Display Subscription History

krileon wrote: Set their registration date as the date you have in aMember.

Is that the earliest registration date I have on file? Or the start date of their most recent renewal?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #219809 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display Subscription History
Earliest date you have on file I would assume.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #220493 by mohsho
I gave up on this, but I'm not happy about it, and my client is even less happy. There should definitely be a way to import a subscription history. If I had known this earlier, I might not have gone with CBSubs for our memberships.

11 years 1 month ago #220509 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display Subscription History
We've plans for more import/export features with a future release once CB has the API for it. Currently we don't have a generic and functional import/export API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #220539 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Display Subscription History
The only way to do such an import at this time would be to do it through an SQL import using an SQL query tool such as phpMyAdmin and populating all fields of the corresponding SQL tables of CBSubs.

Not a trivial task, CBSubs doesn't have only one table like your screenshot shows, but registers subscription, and order/invoice in full details in multiple SQL tables.

It would require to import probably more than what is available to re-create the complete invoice displays that CBSubs does in its history.

Additionally as a non-technical heads-up, re-creating old invoices in a new form is not allowed in most countries either by laws or by accounting regulations. Of course a simple table is ok, but CBSubs does more than the simple table.

2 solutions suggestions:

1) Maybe a freelance developer could do the programming needed to do that particular SQL import for you?

2) If there are not too much users, maybe just do a screenshot for each user's past history in your previous system and attach it to his CB user profile into an image field ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

11 years 1 month ago #220582 by mohsho
Like I said, I've given up on this for this site. Even if I had the time to try to generate all the inserts for the tables you mentioned, the odds of it being messed up seem really high. Also, I have 1500 users, so the screen shot solution isn't going to work. What I was trying to say in my last post was just that, if you hope to convert people over from other systems, then I think you need to find a way for them to import their subscription history.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn