[SOLVED] JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #221465 by juliarai
I am trying to install the CBSubs Tax Plugin prior to installing the Promotions and Mailer plugins.

When I tried to upload and install cbplug_int_cbsubstax.zip I received the message 'JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file'.

We're using Joomla! 2.5.6, CB 1.9 and CBSubs GPL 3.0. PHP is 5.2.x.

The only installation done since upgrading to the GPL 3.0 licence was Core Design Mini Polls plugin 2.5.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #221513 by nant

juliarai wrote: I am trying to install the CBSubs Tax Plugin prior to installing the Promotions and Mailer plugins.

When I tried to upload and install cbplug_int_cbsubstax.zip I received the message 'JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file'.

We're using Joomla! 2.5.6, CB 1.9 and CBSubs GPL 3.0. PHP is 5.2.x.

The only installation done since upgrading to the GPL 3.0 licence was Core Design Mini Polls plugin 2.5.

Thanks

Please study the CBSubs GPL manual.

CB plugins need to be installed using the CB plugin manager and NOT the Joomla extensions installer.

11 years 1 month ago #221524 by juliarai
I am so sorry for wasting your time.

I did actually have the pages from the CB Subs manual in front of me and was following them - or so I thought.

I am most appreciative of your help and have now installed the plugins successfully.

I have learned the lesson!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

11 years 1 month ago #221530 by nant

juliarai wrote: I am so sorry for wasting your time.

I did actually have the pages from the CB Subs manual in front of me and was following them - or so I thought.

I am most appreciative of your help and have now installed the plugins successfully.

I have learned the lesson!

np - yup learning curve it there, but it feels good to learn....

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn