Birthday Email

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286143 by Gnc
Birthday Email was created by Gnc
Hi guys, Latest Joomla 3.6.2, latest CB and mailer version 4.1.0.BUILD.201…

1)
The birthday mailer set up per pdf doc works only with "But do not send message if it's later than " Set to 1 year. Anything beyond IE 2 years/5 years etc gives a server error 500. This is the only field causing the 500.
I have tried different fields to compare to IE Last MEMBERS LAST ONLINE DATE and exactly same issue. Will work with 1 year, but not beyond. I have checked the data in Users.RegisterDate for any issues, none there.

2) The other issue i foresee is it makes a comparison to the REGISTERED DATE in users table. Many of our members can go back to 2008. Now if the field cannot go beyond 5 years which is the max setting relative to sign up date, the members will get a birthday message, but only if they signed up no more than 5 years ago. We need a 5 years > selection which has no limit for this function. (if i am understanding the field selection/criteria correctly here)

As always.. thanks for great gear though!!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #286193 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Birthday Email

1)
The birthday mailer set up per pdf doc works only with "But do not send message if it's later than " Set to 1 year. Anything beyond IE 2 years/5 years etc gives a server error 500. This is the only field causing the 500.
I have tried different fields to compare to IE Last MEMBERS LAST ONLINE DATE and exactly same issue. Will work with 1 year, but not beyond. I have checked the data in Users.RegisterDate for any issues, none there.

Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry to see if any errors output. If not check server error log or CBSubs > History Log for any errors to see why it's throwing a server error. Depending on how many users you have it could be a matter of too many to process at once.

2) The other issue i foresee is it makes a comparison to the REGISTERED DATE in users table. Many of our members can go back to 2008. Now if the field cannot go beyond 5 years which is the max setting relative to sign up date, the members will get a birthday message, but only if they signed up no more than 5 years ago. We need a 5 years > selection which has no limit for this function. (if i am understanding the field selection/criteria correctly here)

The CBSubs Mailer isn't really design for what you're trying to do. You'd need a +1 year repeating mailer or a way to customize what it conditions off of. Neither of which are possible and unsure if they're to be implemented as it's a bit outside the scope of what the plugin is meant for. So not sure what to suggest other than maybe look into a newsletter extension or a mail scheduler extension that can handle repeat mailing that increments the year per user mailing (not sure that'll even exist either). It maybe possible with CB Auto Actions, but the CRON would need to run daily and parse every user object which would just be too heavy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #286997 by Gnc
Replied by Gnc on topic Birthday Email
Thanks, will work out something to past 5 years, maybe on mysql events.. we are lucky with dedicated server so have plenty of "power" for crons etc

A plus, I did work out what was wrong on the 5 year. Because we have 10 000 users, basically the php_mem_limit was been hit. Fortunately it is dedicated server that runs just this site.. had to go 1024Mb mem limit for php use.. pretty huge, but it works, the cron runs out of hours for heavy traffic. Feel like a newb again not picking that up! .. almost obvious.
Thanks as always!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds