[#6326] Promotions don't work with 2Checkout

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #288517 by Goosemoose
Very similar to www.joomlapolis.com/forum/256-cbsubs-support/202674-3696-coupon-codes-and-2checkout#202674 which had no resolution.

Because we have recurring billing items we have to list our products on 2Checkout. Since buyers can select a single purchase and recurring billing at the same time, the single purchase items also have to be on 2Checkout.

If you enter a promotion code on CBSubs the price is correct but when the user gets passed to 2Checkout the price is back to the normal price (pulling from 2Checkout products list). I don't see a way around this. Help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #288535 by Goosemoose
Replied by Goosemoose on topic Promotions don't work with 2Checkout
It turns out that the solution of allowing users to enter the coupon only on the 2Checkout site doesn't work either! It triggers their fraud alert as the 2Checkout total payment doesn't match CBSubs.

2Checkout: Fraud detected: basket mismatch: 2Checkout: Return Fraud detected: Userid: 22400, Returned total: 1.00, Payment Basket gross total: 199.00000: Sorry, the payment does not match the purchased goods. Please contact your administrator to check his payment logs.

7 years 3 months ago #288540 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Promotions don't work with 2Checkout
Promotions are not supported by 2Checkout for 2Checkout memorized products.

Solution is etiher
1. to setup 2 different CBSubs products for each case, and make the conditions in CBSubs to only show to user the right one, or
2. to change to another payment gateway which doesn't require setting products for auto-recurring payments, but supports auto-recurring payments.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 3 months ago #288544 by Goosemoose
Replied by Goosemoose on topic Promotions don't work with 2Checkout
Wow, that really should be documented somewhere! I just spent weeks negotiating rates with 2Checkout and switching everything from PayPal over to 2Checkout.

I can't create multiple products as the users purchasing aren't registered yet so there's no way to differentiate them. I also have dozena of codes depending on what magazine, ad, association the user belongs to, etc.

There's no other gateway that supports automatic updating of credit card information for subscriptions. We are losing 50+ accounts a month to expiring cards so this has become critical.

What is the reason this doesn't work? Is it just impossible from the 2Checkout side or is it lack of programming that's been completed on the plugin side? The original user posted about this 4 years ago so I'm guessing the 2Checkout side?

7 years 3 months ago #288552 by beat
At the time 2Checkout has been implemented, there was no way to have auto-recurring payments without creating first new products using their API at plan configuration time.

I have just quickly gone through the latest 2Checkout API, and it looks that now a way to do it on a sale-by-sale basis has been added to their API.

I have written down as a feature proposal #6326 this suggestion. However I can't tell when that will make it into CBSubs since we have quite a few features suggestions. This thread has been refered in the request and we will reply here when it's implemented.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 3 months ago #288553 by Goosemoose
Replied by Goosemoose on topic [#6326] Promotions don't work with 2Checkout
I'm willing to pay for it if there's someone that can do it asap. I'm a Java programmer and while I can do some php, it'll take me awhile looking at someone else's code to see what's going on.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn