[#6399] "The Country is missing" message upon subscription renewal or reactivation

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #289349 by quantumgravity
I did try to find the answer to this for quite a while, but came up empty.

Somewhere along the line, the message "The Country is missing" started to be returned at the top of the next (payment) page upon pressing the subscription renewal or reactivation buttons. It doesn't prevent the transaction from progressing, but it's confusing. All of our users are in the same country, and "country" isn't a required field. Is there a setting to prevent this message from appearing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #289371 by krileon
You've invoice address set to mandatory. If the input is missing, but required it says that it's required. If the input is missing, but not required it says that it's missing as you're seeing. You can utilize invoice address usage without it being mandatory by setting "Invoicing address handling at payment time" to "Non-mandatory invoicing address" within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: quantumgravity

7 years 3 months ago #289391 by quantumgravity
Hmmm ... the setting "Invoicing address handling at payment time" was already set to "Non-mandatory invoicing address", but we still receive that message. Something else must be causing it?

7 years 3 months ago #289411 by krileon
Looks like it checks if the invoice address is missing whether it's mandatory or not. Not sure that makes sense. Have added a feature ticket for internal discussion to see if this should be changed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289419 by quantumgravity
Thanks. For what it's worth, it didn't always work this way. The message is relatively new. Just guessing, it might have started with CBSubs 4.1.0. We have some members who started to ask questions about it.

Happy New Year!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #294193 by quantumgravity
Hi, just checking to see if there has been any progress on this. It still drives some users nuts ... to the point of avoiding online payment ... to see this message.

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn